Player restrictions in KHL

I am playing with Slovan Bratislava in KHL and there should be no player restrictions according to the Rules-page. First few games went OK but now it complains that I have only 6 domestic players in the roster when there should be 7. What's happening?

As far as I know, the way the KHL works, is teams in Russia, can have a maximum of 7 foreign players, and everyone else on the team must be Russian. Teams outside of Russia (Jokerit, Minsk, Riga, etc.) must have 7 players from the nation they reside in, and then they are open to any other players they want, regardless of nation. I have yet to see the rule be posted in the KHL rules in the game, so that needs to fixed, but the player limits are realistic to my knowledge.

As far as I know, the way the KHL works, is teams in Russia, can have a maximum of 7 foreign players, and everyone else on the team must be Russian. Teams outside of Russia (Jokerit, Minsk, Riga, etc.) must have 7 players from the nation they reside in, and then they are open to any other players they want, regardless of nation.
Is this correct? i.e. is this how it works IRL? kidhander? Named?

Also (IRL) in the KHL Draft are all teams allowed to select anyone? or are their special rules?

I'm just curious/trying to learn :)

Is this correct? i.e. is this how it works IRL? kidhander? Named?

Also (IRL) in the KHL Draft are all teams allowed to select anyone? or are their special rules?

I'm just curious/trying to learn :)

5 foreigners for Russian teams, minimum 7 domestic players for non-Russian teams. The limit is correctly enforced in the game, but you don't have any screen or whatever other info that tells you that.

The KHL draft gets players one year younger than the NHL draft. It's not that important IRL. But still it would be nice to have it in the game.

The KHL draft gets players one year younger than the NHL draft.

How many rounds? And can teams pick any 17 year old they want, regardless of nationality?

Do European/Russian teams still have "club rights" like they did many years ago? Where essentially younger teenagers (14-17) would sign contracts? They'd essentially "grow up" with their local club team, and if good enough transfer to the upper division/elite team

Also could a Major Junior player be drafted a "year early" by the KHL? i.e. the KHL competing with the NHL like the WHA did in the 1970s (it was the WHA drafting younger players that pushed the NHL to reduce their draft age down from 20 to 18)

Thanks for taking the time to answer! :)

How many rounds? And can teams pick any 17 year old they want, regardless of nationality?

Do European/Russian teams still have "club rights" like they did many years ago? Where essentially younger teenagers (14-17) would sign contracts? They'd essentially "grow up" with their local club team, and if good enough transfer to the upper division/elite team

Also could a Major Junior player be drafted a "year early" by the KHL? i.e. the KHL competing with the NHL like the WHA did in the 1970s (it was the WHA drafting younger players that pushed the NHL to reduce their draft age down from 20 to 18)

Thanks for taking the time to answer! :)

5 rounds, yes, regardless of nationality, but Russian players if owned by another KHL team must be free to be drafted (KHL teams have up to like 1 month before the draft to sign players from their own schools to KHL contracts). Older players are allowed too, but they are more rare.

Yes, Riz has allowed for KHL rights a couple of patches ago.

And again yes, major junior players can be drafted, just it doesn't happen as it would make no sense to draft them (except of Russians). Most of Russians who are now playing in the CHL or in the USHL/NAHL have their rights owned by some KHL team.

But well the draft isn't much of a big deal IRL as teams have their own academies.

I hope I am clear.

Archived