Powerplay issue?

• SI Staff

Have you checked the stats if there was a misconduct after an earlier minor penalty ? In those cases a replacement player would also be in the box initially, who'd get out of the box when the initial minor penalty expires but the original culprit would still have to stay in the box for the duration of the misconduct (and gets released the next break in play).

yea but this would result, In a PP would it not? One man is down. Also during the second period is when the player, Went to the box been there ever since weird. So for almost 2 periods we had a penalty, That was not counted and a guy in the box. also how can I go back and see logs of previous games? I did not notice a misconduct when i checked weird hmmm.

yea but this would result, In a PP would it not? One man is down.
A misconduct penalty is served only by the player, the team does not play a player short, there is no PP http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=24977
Also during the second period is when the player, Went to the box been there ever since weird. So for almost 2 periods we had a penalty
Any penalty obtained in the 2nd period, if not expired, will carry over to the 3rd, so a player getting a 10 minute misconduct could easily be in the penalty box in both the 2nd/3rd periods
how can I go back and see logs of previous games? I did not notice a misconduct when i checked weird hmmm.
To see penalties from previous games, click on the score of the played game, then click on Boxscore, then click on View (top right) and select Penalties

• 1 month later...

Archived