[15.8.0b] Board Fire GM after promising more time

The bug report is not that I was fired. It was that I was fired after receiving messaging inconsistent with that decision.
As I noted in my post above, I didn't think the wording said what you think it said

When you say "I received a message indicating that they had already indicated that they are willing to wait for the regime to produce results" it makes me think they're telling you "you already asked" and not "you're still safe/take more time")

Seems to me you were given a reprieve from being fired 1-2 months prior, and asking again for more time so soon after already doing so isn't going over well with ownership (asking for "more time" isn't a normal part of a GM's job, it's basically begging not to be fired)

If you're tanking the season, a good precaution would be to disable manager sackings, mate.

That doesn't work. I've tried it. I tried to relegate a team in the Swedish League, with human manager sackings off. And I got sacked, big time! =D

Guess I should post it as a bug. =)

That doesn't work. I've tried it. I tried to relegate a team in the Swedish League, with human manager sackings off. And I got sacked, big time! =D

Maybe it works now? You noted in your bug post that "this happened some time ago" - there are updates every 2 weeks (and sometimes hot fixes in between); for example, the Changelist from May 21 notes "Fixed board firing long serving human manager at the start of new season despite option to turn disable human sackings being ticked"

Was Allsvenskan selected? I reckon it was, since what would be the point of tanking a season to get relegated, when the second league isn't selected, right?

What about what Nino-33 said? Could that be it?

Archived