Draft suggestion by scout differs from scouts list

I'm in the 2016 draft, I noticed something weird. I placed my 5 scouts that I used to scout the nhl entry draft on the "scout report" view option and it's strange because when I sort the list by star rating, the player on the top of the list, Logan Brown, is not the player the same scout suggests in the "show suggestions" box as you can see in the screen. Not only that, but the "suggested" player is not even in the top 11 listed as you can see on the screenshot. The scout in question has 20 JA and 20 JP.

LL0NbjM.jpg

Oh dear no wonder my draft record sucks. It would be interesting if we can replace these stars with the "report card" ratings that we see such as hockey sense, puckhandling, defense, etc... This way we can compare how our scouts rate these players on these attributes.

I never go by the Head Scout / GM / Coach recommendation. Once in while they give a good hint but nothing more.

Just go through your top 2-3 scouts for the highest star ratings - in particular where your scouts agree on the star rating. Look up the players and their attributes and keep a special eye on determination, that plays a huge role in player development. Also, if you go for secondary player (i.e. 2nd or 3rd liners, no 3-4 dmen or lower), consider bravery and teamwork over pure skill. Of course those guys should still be able to skate without falling down every other stride.

Archived