Faroe Islands Challenge-Take 2: NSI Runavik

shaunvamos

2019 Season Review

SEQgPMh.png

I told you our players would be ready! We were never really in doubt this whole season that we were going to go up, a completely dominant season from the lads. Also a giantkilling run in the cup was ended by the rampant HB, who were the only team to progress in European qualifying this season again.

Top Scorer, Highest Average Rating, Fans Player of the Year

L5MHZeO.png

What a season from this youngster. 26 goals in 22 appearances, 8 PoMs, twice as many as the next NSI player. Top scorer, highest average rating and most PoMs in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. And he's only 17. Can he carry on this form against the big boys though? I certainly hope so.

Youth Prospects

Karstin Nielsen (YP1a): Played well when he was needed, but seems to be on the fringes.

Allan Danielsen (YP2a): Same as above.

Sjúrður Hvannastein (YP2b): Played nicely for U19s and stepped up when required. Plenty of potential.

Rúni Nielsen (YP2c): One of the teams key players this season.

Øssur Olsen (YP2d): Will most likely amount to nothing.

Høgni Olsen (YP3a): Didn't impress too much.

Hanus Samuelsen (YP3b):: Limited appearances, no idea why.

Jan Hvannastein (YP3c): Played very well and was among the top performers.

Fróði Jacobsen (YP3d): Season marred by injuries.

Kári Sørensen (YP3e): Spent a lot of the season injured, but has racked up double digits for the U21 national side.

Teitur Hansen (YP4a): Also a star player this year.

Hanus Petersen (YP4b): See above. Absolutely brilliant.

Janus Joensen (YP4c): Biding his time.

L9TU2KC.png

Wow, the relegation came totally unexpected, but good to see you bounced back.

However, I have to ask... What happened to the EL prize money? IIRC it's just a few hundred Ks, but still more than enough to sign or resign good enough domestic players.

Also, you'd try to get advantage of the link with Bodø/Glimt... see if they're willing to loan you some fringe/youth players.. Anyone will be Starting XI material at this point of your career.

Good luck for the next season...

Wow, the relegation came totally unexpected, but good to see you bounced back.

However, I have to ask... What happened to the EL prize money? IIRC it's just a few hundred Ks, but still more than enough to sign or resign good enough domestic players.

Also, you'd try to get advantage of the link with Bodø/Glimt... see if they're willing to loan you some fringe/youth players.. Anyone will be Starting XI material at this point of your career.

Good luck for the next season...

The EL money was enough to get us back into the black, but the board wouldn't let me change the wage budget so it was very frustrating. I'd rather not rely on loan players, but of they choose to loan them I will not complain too much!

2020 Season Review

4478TBY.png

What a finish to the season. We had a horrible first half, marred by injury and poor performances, then the last 5 or 6 games of the season we went on a winning run, winning our last game to seal our survival, against the team that we relegated, AB. The aim next season will be to again stay up with our squad that is only getting stronger as it ages.

Key Players

Highest Average Rating and Top Scorer

KKMzoLT.png

Another stellar season from this young man, despite missing 6 weeks through injury. Hopefully he keeps getting better as we need him to in order to make our year more comfortable.

SGtjNdE.png

2021 Season Review

6IPmgvt.png

A season that was almost identical to the last season, in that we needed to win our last game, and we did, sealing our presence in the top division for another season. What is frustrating is that there seems to be a massive gulf in class between us and the top two teams, and it doesn't look like that will be resolved any time soon.

Highest Average Rating & Top Scorer

00G7V40.png

Another excellent season from Hanus, this being his 3rd year in a row he is featured in this section. Hopefully the rest of the team can back him up next season.

Unfortunately we have lost YP4a Teitur Hansen and YP5b Runi Petersen, both to KI. Our first to go and he probably won't be the last.

SiWHhby.png

Decent season again and hope you kick on from here and drive up the table! Hanus is a goal machine!

We are going to have to do something soon cause I am getting annoyed with having to fight relegation the whole time! Yeah I hope he keeps it up that's for sure.

Really enjoying this thread. I am doing something similar in the Danish league at the moment but for my next save I really want it to be in the Faroe Islands. This may be a stupid question, but how did you get the Faroe Islands in the database?

2021 Season Review

fili7NT.png

No, I did not just copy and paste the screenshot from last season, although it is very similar to last season. And the season before that. I think we are getting closer though. Give me another ten years and we might finish 7th!

[/Top Scorer, Assist, Average Rating

lJn2bOY.png

It really does seem like a carbon copy of the past couple of seasons. Hanus does it again! 4th year straight he tops the charts.

The other 2 prospects who are longer with us are in the second team at KI. Playing for a better team but with no game time. How's that going for you fellas?

80dk0E4.png

Really enjoying this thread. I am doing something similar in the Danish league at the moment but for my next save I really want it to be in the Faroe Islands. This may be a stupid question, but how did you get the Faroe Islands in the database?

I downloaded claasens additional leagues, I think they are in this forum somewhere, but can be easily found through google search he's uploaded to several fm websites :)

Archived