Transfer Troubles

No, because the game is based on reality. Short of something mad happening there is zero chance of Ronaldo or Messi being allowed to leave any time soon.

For some interesting (maybe) background reading, the most recent Secret Footballer book has a chapter about the growing trend of clubs building a core group of top-tier players all tied to the same sponsor as the club (usually Adidas or Nike) because the potential financial benefits are colossal. Messi and Neymar at Barca, Ronaldo and Bale at Madrid, Rooney at United etc. With that in mind, big name sponsor-tied players are worth even more than people probably realise. Their value to the club is almost completely independent of their football ability, at least in the short-term.

There's only like two clubs in the world that even have the financial capability to pry Messi or Ronaldo away, and even then they'd probably have to do it right near the end of their contract and offer something insane to get the player to want to move.

I like to have a few fun, non serious saves and in one of them i create my own club using the editor. I bought Ronaldo but Messi wouldn't budge. I think if you want to have all them type of players in your team then you may be best using either the Editor or In-game editor. You can still enjoy the game whilst using them as long as you don't get carried away and make your game get boring quickly

Archived