Adv. Rules: lg. groups to playoff stage not working

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who might be able to shed some light on a really frustrating problem that I'm having.

I'm very experienced with the editor, including the advanced rules, and I have been trying to set up a system that I didn't particularly think would be complex. A league of 16 teams is split into 4 groups of 4, and the top two in each group go through to a playoff quarter final after 25 games. The trouble is, the game can't find those qualified teams, no matter what I change in the editor. Is it that I've missed something really obvious? I've done the following to try to set up the link:

'stage 0' set to process its results into 'stage 1'

In 'stage 0', in the group settings menu set the best 8 to qualify for 'playoff/quarter final'

In 'stage 0', set up specific group settings for each group, top 2 qualify for 'playoff/quarter final'

--> in game, the top two positions in each group correctly show up highlighted in green

In 'stage 1', set the stage to select its teams from those qualified from 'stage 0'

Probably other little things that I can't think of off the top of my head. I've literally tried every option that seems relevant to the first stage leading into the second.

Yet, however I fiddle with the settings (for example, using the 'top playoff' menu rather than 'qualification'), nothing seems to budge.

Am I being incredibly dense and missing the proper way to set this up, or is there a bug with the FM15 editor that prevents stages from talking to each other properly, that I wasn't aware of?

I think you misunderstood: the first stage is 4 groups of 4 teams. The second is the quarter final stage. It should be really easy but the two stages refuse to communicate with each other no matter how I try to work around it.

Exactly. Just tried rebuilding it based on the defaults from the basic rules. I get exactly the same error: no teams found for stage 1. I'm thinking this must be a bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Oops... Been a busy man with a lot of work & travel on over the past couple of weeks. Didn't realise I'd had offers of direct help. Before uploading, could you perhaps briefly explain what the necessary rule settings are, so that I don't waste your time uploading something with a really simple problem that I've overlooked?

• 2 weeks later...

Solved my own problem in the end by creating a convoluted workaround -- group winners and runners up set to qualify for the competition for that season, cup stage gets qualified teams. It's not as pretty as it could be, but at least it runs smoothly.

Archived