Editing the top bars

desmond31

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with a colour problem. I have been using the skin called "Venia dark" but a problem has emerged since the 15.2 update. The bars highlighted in the picture below have become a bright red and I would dearly like to alter them, preferably yo a black or grey colour. I don't know why they have become this red colour as before they were not so. Any help would be greatly appreciated whether to tell me it is unchangeable or if I must alter something in one of the skin's files. Thanks in advance.

sdlHrD.png

Yeah some of the xml files from the various skin graphics have had extra colour_replacement code added to them in the patch (I'd guess to support recolouring for the light skin) without this code it is causing the graphics to default to the default red colour.

You can fix it by either deleting unedited graphics and/or xml files from the skins graphics folder, or if the xml files linked to the graphics have been edited compare the pre and post-patch code and apply the changes to the xml files. (Which files need editing purely depends on what files have been included with the skin and whether said files have been modified or not).

Yeah some of the xml files from the various skin graphics have had extra colour_replacement code added to them in the patch (I'd guess to support recolouring for the light skin) without this code it is causing the graphics to default to the default red colour.

You can fix it by either deleting unedited graphics and/or xml files from the skins graphics folder, or if the xml files linked to the graphics have been edited compare the pre and post-patch code and apply the changes to the xml files. (Which files need editing purely depends on what files have been included with the skin and whether said files have been modified or not).

Thank you for this information but as a skin/graphics dunce, I did not comprehend any of that ! Thanks anyhow and I'll wait to see if the skin maker releases an updated version.

Archived