FM 15 - Loads of possession, Loads of shots but not many on target

I am playing a 4231

The 2 in midfield are a BWM and a CM(D)

the central 3 ahead consists of 2 AP(S) and the middle one is an AM(A)

the striker is an AS(A)

but no matter what I tweak it, I cant get the team to better than 6 or 7 on target from about 20+ shots

I have put the striker to hold the ball up, the AM to shoot less and to work ball into the box.. ALL with negative effects on the team

any advice would be great

Cheers

Do your AP-S get into the box at all? A third option in the box may open up space and better shooting angles.

Playing at a higher tempo may create more openings for good attempts. A lower tempo may make your team more patient in finding a good opportunity.

Where are your shots missing from? If you're wasting a lot of long shots 'Work Ball into box' may help even if it reduces the overall number of shots significantly.

I have had same kind of problem playing both with 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-3. I have set the TI to 'Work into box' and set most players' PI to something that avoids long shots (I can't remember exact instruction name). The mentioned TI 'Work into box' seems to have helped increasing my CCC by maybe 1 per game, but I still get a lot of long shots/shots that don't hit the target.

I am playing a 4231

The 2 in midfield are a BWM and a CM(D)

the central 3 ahead consists of 2 AP(S) and the middle one is an AM(A)

the striker is an AS(A)

but no matter what I tweak it, I cant get the team to better than 6 or 7 on target from about 20+ shots

I have put the striker to hold the ball up, the AM to shoot less and to work ball into the box.. ALL with negative effects on the team

any advice would be great

Cheers

Can you post your full set up? Including TI's, Mentality etc. Also, some of your thinking behind how you want to play/why you chose the roles you have, the type of chances you want to create...

Do your AP-S get into the box at all? A third option in the box may open up space and better shooting angles.

Playing at a higher tempo may create more openings for good attempts. A lower tempo may make your team more patient in finding a good opportunity.

Where are your shots missing from? If you're wasting a lot of long shots 'Work Ball into box' may help even if it reduces the overall number of shots significantly.

my AP(S) do not get into the box much (unless the is a period of pressure) will try to get them into the box quicker....

cheers

Archived