Screen resolution

Playing on a new laptop with a 15" screen and I went on preferences to adjust screen size too 1920x1060 but it's eems to be stuck on the smallest res possible of 1024x768 I think I've tried everything but still no joy any ideas please??

I'd be very surprised to find a 15" laptop that can support 1920 x 1060 resolution. FM is trying to switch then, finding you can't display that, switches back to a resolution it knows is safe. Try going up through the resolutions slowly or find out what your laptop can support and choose that.

I'd be very surprised to find a 15" laptop that can support 1920 x 1060 resolution.
As would I, especially considering the resolution doesn't exist :p (it's 1920x1080, not 1060)

But yeah, it's almost certainly the case that the laptop simply can't support 1080p. It's fairly standard that with 15" laptop screens the resolution will go up to 1366x768. With 17" screens the standard increases to 1600x900. There are some at both screen sizes which claim to support 1920x1080, but they're generally really expensive unless you find a refurbished model.

Archived