FM15: Crystal Palace – Mar-o-uane Chamakh, Oh Ah! Scoring Goals In Red 'n' Blue!

cjgoodsell

2nd Season went well was close to 3rd spot but city got it in the end and 3/4 teams were battling for 4th but i managed to get it which obviously was lucrative for the club.

1zp79kg.png

These were my signings for 2nd season and Paloschi, Traore and Zouma came in january.

r2l0s3.png

Now these are my signings ready for the 3rd season, my first season in the champions league. I made a big investment in players and got zaha permanently and ferreyra has banged in 10 in 12 so far!

28qqhdw.png

Now i had to qualify to get into the group stages of the champions league and it was quite convincing!

15xagz4.png

Very nice @John Joe O'toole

I am about to start my 3rd season after the other save corrupted! I finished 4th as well.

I have created a Tactic myself and testing it still when on a run of 12 league games won in a row. Quarter Finals of the Capital One Cup and UEFA cup. 3rd Round FA Cup! Sold Jonny Williams for 18mil plus addons!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my second season, came 9th, only 3 points off Europe.

Squad performed well, Bolasie especially on the left wing as an inside forward.

Starting 11 was usually -

Hennessy

Ward, Balanta, Dann, Olaza

Jedinak

Ledley/McArthur, Williams

Bolasie, Daniel (Brazilian from Botafogo)

Gayle

with my bench usually - Speroni, Kelly, Inniss, Cirigliano, Ledley/McArthur, Aaron Lennon, Bamford.

Could've probably made Europe if I didnt have a poor spell over xmas. Found it tricky to bring through youngsters as well, due to how close the league was and important games were.

Summer transfer window before my 3rd season i've signed -

Sam Johnstone - 200k - Speroni is old and this kid has the potential to match Hennessey.

Jason Denayer - Free - My defence has been my weak area

Nick Powell - Free - Too good to pass up

Rob Huth - 1.5 million - Stoke got relegated and again my defence has been weak and needed a leader.

David Santon - 3.7 million - Bargain for a class left back.

Stevan Jovetic - loan - Quality forward, gives me more options up top.

Sold Ciaran Clark for 2.5 mill, Kelly for 1.1 mill and sent a fair few players out on loan.

Balanta wanted to leave to Arsenal, but I never had any offers (Luckily!).

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. Im making sure this thread gets more replies. CHeck out the first transfer budget. Definately doing a Palace save when i get home today. Managed to win the league twice (once unbeaten) in the first two years with newcastle and the champions league too. Maybe i can reproduce the miracles at selhurst park....

Just finished my first season. Managed to finish 6th and get into Europe!!!!!!!! Also had a good cup run reaching the semi's in the League Cup.

I switched my formation between 4-1-2-2-1 AND 4-1-3-2 throughout the season. I lost to the teams you'd expect Man u, Chelsea etc but did manage to take points off Liverpool and Arsenal.

So with the 10m i had to spend i bought in. Summer: Balanta 7m, Odegaard 1.5m (arrived in Jan), Jovic 500K (arriving in Jan 2016), Saviksvy 80K (WP), Vallejo (loan). Jan: Bruma (loan)

Gayle scored over 20 goals but player of the season went to Puncheon who beat Bolasie by 3 votes. Each players scored double figures and were voted in the team of the season with Balanta too at CB.

In the run up to the 2nd season i had 12m to spend so i bought in Leali and Richards (both free) replacing Speroni (released after testimonial) and Dann (2m). Boye was bought (3m) and then immediately loan out. Campbell was sold to Fulham (4m), Chamakh went to Lille (500K). Bakkali came in on a free as Zaha refused to extend the loan deal and ended up being sold to City. Bruma, Origi and Lascalles all came in on loan. Lucas Romero came in too (4m) with Alli (2m) and Peruzzi (3m) strengthening the squad.

Squad going into 2nd season:

Gks: Leali, Henessey

Defenders: Ward, Balanta, Lascalles, Peruzzi, Fryers, Hangeland, Richards, Kelly.

Mids: Jedinak, McCarthur, Romero, Williams, Alli, Bolasie, Puncheon, Bruma, Bakkali, Coman, Odegaard.

Strikers: Origi, Gayle.

Boye and Jovic will be options upfront next season with the likelihood that Gayle will be sold. Targeting Tielemans to be main MC with Romero dropping back to DM as Jedinak nears retirement. The majority of the budget next season will be thrown at Fulham trying to secure the services of Patrick Roberts who will replace Puncheon.

Interesting to see what Europe holds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started my first save on FM2015 with Palace. Never tried them before, I always play the team I support, Liverpool. But Palace seem like an interesting team to manage, I like watching them play and they are a team I'm fond of, great to see them get some wins in under Pardew.

Ok so firstly I terminated the loan of Doyle.

In:

Neil Taylor £5m (+£2.5m over 4 years)

Eder Balanta £5m

Joel Campbell (Loan)

Out:

Marouane Chamakh £4.5m to CSKA Moscow

Had Joel Ward say he wants to leave for Hull City so he can play continental football. Well, they never even made a bid for him, which I found strange.

Archived