FM 15: How does scouting work exactly?

Good evening fellow FMer's. Thanks to the development of scouting for FM15 I've decided to keep attribute masking on for a change. However, as always, I've started way way down the football pyramid. The best scout I can find is obviously fairly limited, JJP: 9, JPA: 10 and it takes at least 10-15 reports for me to be able to see a player's attributes, even players based in the country I'm managing in.

My questions are as follows;

1) Do better scouts produce more accurate reports more quickly?

2) Is it beneficial to scout a player for longer, or to keep constantly getting instant reports on a player?

3) Are there any other attributes that effect scouting, such as determination etc?

4) Has the new scouting methods made you change the way you scout compared to previous editions? If so, how?

Feel free to add your own questions or theories, just wanted a general debate to increase my understanding.

Cheers :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. My scouts don't finding anybody. I'm choosing a position, role, set ca and pa (it is a min frame filter, right?) on the half-star, increase transfer budget until 200m, but there are no player in reports. What i'm doing wrong?

Archived