Welsh League

Dan_Wales_Man

Hi there,

I'm a major beginner at this, so please keep that in mind...

I'm trying to create a league system in Wales that involves Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr and Colwyn Bay. I've made a new "league of Wales" with the same co-efficients as Scotland, an also created a Welsh Cup and "Cwpan Cymraeg" (A sort of Welsh League Cup). In addition to this, I put all Welsh players with current ratings over 100 into teams in the Welsh league, to make it a bit more interesting. They've been put in the teams closest to where they were born, so Bale is at Cardiff and Hennessey is at Bangor City, for example.

Anyway, I did a season run through and everything went fairly well, Swansea won the league on the last day over Cardiff after Jonjo Shelvey scored a late free-kick. Lovely. However, I've come across 2 pretty annoying problems;

1.) Player values are really low. Bale is valued at £26k, for example. I tried to counter this by increasing the league and clubs' reputations, and made the stadiums bigger. Didn't work, so I tried making all the teams have a professional status, but the editor doesn't seem to be allowing me to do this?

2.) After my season-run through, Swansea should have qualified for the Champions League qualifiers and Cardiff City and TNS should have qualified for the Europa League qualifiers. But, unfortunatley, Cardiff and Swansea both didn't.

Any help would be really appreciated.

1.) Player values are really low. Bale is valued at £26k, for example. I tried to counter this by increasing the league and clubs' reputations, and made the stadiums bigger. Didn't work, so I tried making all the teams have a professional status, but the editor doesn't seem to be allowing me to do this?

You can change transfer values in the editor. If you select Wales, you will see there is a tab with a name like 'transfer values', which gives a list of average values for each range of CA. Changing this will make players such as Bale be worth what you want.

2.) After my season-run through, Swansea should have qualified for the Champions League qualifiers and Cardiff City and TNS should have qualified for the Europa League qualifiers. But, unfortunatley, Cardiff and Swansea both didn't.

I would imagine that all the teams you moved from England have 'England' set as their continental competition nation. This means they can only qualify to Europe through England. You can change this by going to each club and making sure all the nationalities are set to 'Wales'

Hope this helps.

Archived