Help! New summer signings not arriving until January

I am playing FM Classic as Glasgow Rangers. June 2017 and I have negotiated to sign two players. One player I negotiated a fee of £1m for to sign immediately, the other is a player whose contract is running down so I have agreed a transfer for him to sign when his contract ends on 1st July (for some reason I wasn't able to just go straight to contract for the second player but had to negotitate a transfer with the club first......both are young players, 20 years old, so I'm assuming that may be a reason for it).

For some reason I cannot explain, both players are now listed as not signing for me until 1st January 2018. One of the players contracts has now run out, yet he's still listed as being at his previous club. In his contract info, the expiry date is just blank.

Cannot understand this and I'm assuming it must be a bug. Has anyone else experienced this ? Can anyone help ?

I posted this in the bugs forum yesterday but it appears to be a bit of a graveyard so moved here. Thanks in advance.

Both 20 years old. One Scottish playing in England, one Tunisian playing in France.

Another issue I noticed was that at the end of the season when you are given a note of players whose contracts are running down to 1 month remaining, I had players listed who had 1 full year remaining. Their transfer value was in turn very low, as if they were about to expire, and I was having to fight off bids from other clubs.

All very strange and frustrating, as it really has ruined this save to an extent. In my first 4 seasons I experienced no problems like this whatsoever.

Archived