Help with improving a players mental stats in fm2014

First of all I have spent the good part of 2 hours on different websites and on sigames forums trying to find the best way to improve certain mental stats. These stats are primarily ones which do not have a individual focus such as anticipation and decision making.

The player is question is Kyriakos Papadopoulos who I have brought for Arsenal who has great technical stats but his important mental stats for defending such as

anticipation, decisions, composure and positioning, is average at best.

Now I've noticed throw previous versions of fm that stats such as anticipation and decisions increase over time if the player is set on individual focus on positioning and composure, but if this is the ideal way to improve the stats or would it be better to set his training to specific and train him as a central defender where all the above stats are covered but his other defensive technical and physical stats are covered aswell.

Tutoring

Tutoring doesn't improve mental attributes, it only improves hidden attributes. The only visible attribute that can change via tutoring is determination. Anything else is just an old wives tale.

Mentals rise with age. You can speed the proccess up by choosing a role training that focuses on the attributes you need improved though. So select the role for him which has the most benefit for the attributes you want to work on.

Archived