Does anybody have home/away tactics?

Figured this might be a good question for anyone kicking around on here. I tend to use a control/fluid/narrow one for home, 4-1-1-2-2. Two AP's behind 2 strikers or 3 AM's behind the poacher. That's my home set-up. Away I use a back 4, DM, DLP, 2 wingers and 2 strikers. Does anybody else have a preferred tactical approach to away games? Or do you attack the opposing sides style of play?

I normally play home and away in the same tactic, but instead of going blindly into a match I look over few things.

1. I start and look if the team that play against me got more reputation, if yes I will play more defensive. ( start counter and switch according to what happen)

2. the team got same reputation but is away game, I will again use the counter and switch. ( some times if i am not sure i will go balance, will be not so effective to play counter if they play defensive)

3. at home against any team with same reputation that I know I should win - control ( again need to look closely how the other team play and if need to go counter I tend to not force and play more safe)

4. at home against teams with hi reputation (example - Chelsea, MU, Arsenal) I will go balance or counter and switch, depends on how aggressive they play.

this is a basic form I use in all matches, after you get stronger more teams will go defensive against you and you will need less defensive tactics and mainly watch out for counters against you.

for me the 4231 is working very well both offensive and defensive, so I leave my 2 extra tactics for moments of need.

for example I lose 1-0 in half time and I want extra striker so I got my 442 attack on ready.

my 3rd is even more aggressive overload with 352 with pressing more and aggressive tackling to make sure losing isn't option :p ( as mourinho say - i don't mind if you win, but you cant lose)

good luck

Archived