Two questions (Loans and Board takeover)

Hello all,

I'm currently managing Coventry on FM 13. A day before English Transfer / Loan deadline day, I wanted to make a loan offer for a Midfielder (Right), a position in which I am SERIOUSLY lacking in depth.. The player in question plays for Udinese (or Bologna, can't remember). Anyway, the option for a loan was not available when I initiated a transfer offer. The only options available were transfer and enquiry. The player was listed for loan, though o_O

The second part of my question. Again on the Coventry save, it seems like the Club is on a verge of a takeover, which I sincerely hope goes through because a 0 euros transfer budget is making it harder for me to achieve promotion. I know there was a proposed takeover in the summer, and it fell through. However, if this one does succeed, what are the chances that I'll keep my job? Never played with a club that actually went through a takeover proposal (let alone a successful one). What should I be expecting in terms of job security and finances?

Thanks!!

Your first question requires a follow up question, are you currently inside the international transfer window? (July 1st to Sept 1st or Jan 1st to Feb 1st) The extended loan window in the football league only applies to domestic deals, any loans from outside the UK must be completed within the standard Summer & Winter windows.

As for the second question you should be fine, it's quite rare in FM for managers to get sacked following a boardroom takeover.

1) I know that when you set a player for loan, you have the option of setting "exclude foreign clubs", so maybe they don't want the player playing out-of-country...but they will transfer/sell them.

2) If you're doing good, keeping the fans happy and the finances stable, most of the time they'll leave you in place, unless your contract is nearly up and it won't cost them to dump you.

I'm currently on a 1,000 a week wages. If my wages were going to count towards my already slim wage budget, I wanted to be as light of a load as possible :p

I hope they keep me, I'm currently spending 5k above the wage budget!! :rolleyes:

As for the loan, both of your answers made sense. Barside, I was not on the international transfer window. It was somewhere in October or November, can't remember (currently at work). Podunkboy, guess we'll find out if they ticked that foreign clubs option during the January transfer window :-)

If it's the loan/free transfer deadline, you're outside of the transfer window meaning that you'll only be able to sign loans domestically.

As for the board takeover, it really depends. If it's a director taking over, you'll probably be fine. If it's an external takeover, you may get news items of whom the incoming chairman would like to bring in... however even then, it's not guaranteed you'll go. I went through a takeover at Preston, with the new board apparently wanting Liam Rosenior to take over. I was told, with no additional funds, to win the Championship. I finished 6th, won the play-offs and kept my job. So, in answer to your question, it's possible that you'll lose your job, but not guaranteed.

Archived