The good, the bad & the FMRTE!

I have used FMRTE for 3 titles, 09, 10 and 11. I used it to experiment & amend finances. Obviously the last one sounds like I gave myself some stupid amount for transfers. But it was always a safeguard for me. When a team I was at had financial issues - not because I spent but the team had some sort of financial problems, I used RTE to make the balance 'ok'. Not rich! Literally OK. The other thing I did was experiment. I remember making huddersfield, crawley & leyton orient very rich. Watched them gain promotion and after 6 seasons they began fighting for the title. At that time there was arsenal, utd, city and chelsea - and now them 3. All at the top in an amusing fight for the title. I wasn't in game, it was purely to see what would happen. What effect did alot of cash have to small low league clubs? Could they ever make it? How long would they take? And so on. So I tried.

I have 'cheated' before on it. But now I just love the challenge and really wouldn't enjoy making the 'perfect' squad, dominating via FMRTE is pointless. There is nothing better than getting some real gems through your youth system or picking up some quality youngsters for free. Then watching them develop before they reach their peak and become legends. I've never really signed 'huge' players unless I had to. As someone that has played footy management sims since champ man 01/02, I would say I haven't needed to cheat the games. I rely on my tactics and scouts to make a team what it needs to be. Using players the best way, getting everything from them and trying to play tiki-taka perfectly without using barca lol.

I utterly love the dynamic that you work at something to get it perfect, then you reap the glory. Or you get a stack of injuries and struggle to maintain 1st, get knocked out of europe and lose out in the domestic cupt quarter final. When your team is small, you lose your decent players to 'offer too good to refuse' and in a cup final you see 1 of your CB's sent off 6 minutes in lol. All of them good/bad moments, its a brilliant experience as a whole. Now I rarely use FMRTE, never need it. Just thought I would ask you all, do you use it? Have you ever used it? Got some good stories?

Archived