Need Answers!

So I started a file with Manchester United. Bought Gotze (currently injured for 2 months) and played quite well towards the start of the season (I'll post a screen shot tomorrow) and I thought I was finally getting the hang of the game.

But sadly, no. I am still nowhere near understanding the randomness that this game throws at you.

All I really want to know is why don't strikers score that many goals? Why do my team have somewhere between 18-25 shots a game with double figures ON TARGET. 60% possession and yet I still get beat 1-0 by (insert useless team here). It's beyond a joke. I have literally tried everything I can to get Van Persie to start scoring or for Rooney to start doing something.

I've read all the guides and I've followed tactic instructions and nothing seems to be consistent.

All I really want to know is that is it the game that is fatally flawed or am I doing it wrong? If its the game then I'm absolutely finished with it and I'll re-evaluate my stance when FM2014 comes out.

This game has real potential but at the moment it feels like someones released a Beta version and we're all testing it now.

Any advice or help would be great.

Thanks

All I really want to know is that is it the game that is fatally flawed or am I doing it wrong?

I would say it's the latter.

As has been pointed out, try giving us some details of how you are playing so that we can try and help you. Right now no one has got a chance as they don't even know something as simple as what shape you're playing.

Well, seeing that the MU thread have several success stories, I would say something wrong with your tactic. Probably minor details (like shout,training,coaches,morale,etc.). One thing for sure, don't hang your hope on RvP. In some games he is great in other games he is extremely bad (I just play yesterday, put him as lone striker. Got 2 penalties and both missed - not blocked, but missed. Got another penalty in next game and it was blocked).

If possible, post your tactic, your line up, your training in general (if possible).

Archived