How do I use a feeder club to get around work permits?

My club has picked up a feeder in Serbia, to which my Chief Scout recommends to send players on loan to avoid work permit regulations. The player will gain citizenship after 3 years. The problem is I can't do this. I go to sign a player that needs a work permit, and he just fails to get it. No options to send him to the feeder first or anything.

Is it even possible to use a feeder club like this in FMC?

• Administrators

This sounds like a problem somewhere. Any chance I can have a look at your save? It should work no differently than it does in FM, if a player requires a work permit they can and should still sign for you if you have a work permit feeder club.

You can upload your save to our FTP

I think I have it figured out.

I tried again with another player and this time I appealed the denial of his permit. I did not appeal in the first attempt. The appeal was unsurprisingly turned down, but I was this time actually able to sign him. The option was then there to send him to my affiliate feeder club, but when I selected it said something like "Player A cannot be loaned to club" or something similar. No mention of why, or if it was because it wasn't within a valid transfer window for Serbian clubs. So I waited a few weeks, tried again and this time it denied him going on loan again, but now said it was because it wasn't during a valid transfer window. As there is no way to see when the valid transfer window is for Serbian Super League teams in game, I had to look it up online.

After waiting until it was open, I was finally able to send the player to my feeder club to avoid work permit regulations. I'm assuming I have to send him on loan for an entire season three years in a row, and that's how he gets citizenship. So I guess it comes down to me not fully understanding how sending players to foreign affiliates works. No need to bother with my save I guess. I just need to do some research and find out how work permits actually work and when they're required.

Archived