Does the '' Use Playmaker'' box have to ticked for mt MC to act as playmaker?

Does the '' Use Playmaker'' box have to ticked for my MC to act as playmaker? On my team tactics screen at the bottom of the page i have the options, use playmaker - use target man - Target man supply. I have none of these boxes ticked, however on the use playmaker box my mc gundugon is greyed out but not ticked, does that mean hes playmaking for me?

IMO, if you only have one player set with the playmaker role, then he will always play as your playmaker even if the box is not ticked.

If in your tactic you have more then one player with the playmaker role (for example 1 advanced playmaker and 1 deeplying playmaker), in this case i think it's better to ticked the box and choose one of the players.

IMO, if you only have one player set with the playmaker role, then he will always play as your playmaker even if the box is not ticked.

but if you have 2 midfielders and one is a playmaker, id like to think that the box tick tells the defenders at least to work to ball towards the playmaker, which maybe not so clear for them if the box is unticked

but who really knows

but if you have 2 midfielders and one is a playmaker, id like to think that the box tick tells the defenders at least to work to ball towards the playmaker, which maybe not so clear for them if the box is unticked

but who really knows

From my experience:

I play with a 451 formation. In the midfield i have:

1 Defensive Midfielder (defending duty)

1 Central Midfielder (attacking duty)

1 advanced playmaker (support duty)

I dont have the "use playmaker" box ticked... but the player with the advanced playmaker role plays like one playmaker. And only him.... not the central midfielder.

Archived