Why do my players become stupid when playing against the top teams?

One question to the programmers of this heavily flawed game. Why do my players become stupid when playing against the top teams? Believe me, I don’t expect to win the game, my players can have a bad day and might lose 8-0, but with the players I have, I expect to at least make some shots, or make some kind of attacks against their keeper. I was playing with Liverpool against Real Madrid. They won 4-0 (I expected to lose, no surprise, they have better players). They had 41 !!! shoots against my keeper and I had 0 shots. I quit and tried again. Lost again with 38 shots against 1 from my team. Tried a couple more times, with similar results. Doesn’t matter how bad my tactics are, but with the players I have, its simply not possible for this too happened in real life. A team can have the best players in the world, but no team in the world plays perfect games.

I’ve played against Bayer Munique, and a similar thing happened. I don’t want to imagine what would happened if I played against Barcelona… probably 100 shots against 0 shots from my team.

Whenever I play the top teams, they always play perfect games, without flaws, and my players simply become morons, with no idea how to pass or kick a ball. The amount of times my players lose the ball in front of the goalkeeper is astonishing.

This year is the last time I purchased FM. This game with all its "updates" over the years is becoming flawed, unrealistic and stupid.

Yes, your probably right. My tactics might be bad.... but it doesn't mater how "bad" my tactics are (i have approached the game in different ways and used quite a few tactics and all my players are 97%+ condition) , if i have good players, i'll probably lose the game (due to my "bad" tactics) but the quality of my players dictate that i will most likely have a few shots at the goalie, even if i lose 5-0.

In this game this doesn't happen. The bigger teams make PERFECT games... and that's impossible, even if they have the best players in the world. This game has become unrealistic and flawed.

One other thing is the amount of mistakes made by my players in these games against bigger teams. What a joke. That has nothing to do with tactics. My players automatically become stupid that can't do anything right. This game is a mess.

Sorry, but i'm not seeing that.

i'm playing with Benfica, and playing at San Siro against Milan got a 1-1 draw in a game i dominate and in truth deserve to win.

Also play home against Dortmund and won 3-2.

This two teams, have better players in compare to my Benfica team, and yet i could beat them.

Your players look stupid, because against better teams it's harder to play, it's harder to get a clear pass, etc... so they make mistakes.

I'm from Portugal and Benfica and Marítimo are my favorite teams. You have good taste :)

Now take those two teams and imagine them playing together in real life (Benfica is one the top teams in Portugal and Marítimo is a average team). Even if Marítimo had the worst tactic in the world, Benfica would never have 40 or 50 shots and Marítimo 0 shots at goalie during a game. That would be near impossible to happen due to the quality of Marítimo players (average quality). Marítimo will likely lose the game, but the discrepancy of 50 shots to 0 is impossible. For that to happen Benfica would have to play a perfect game... and no team in the world plays a perfect game, no matter how good they are.

Imagine Benfica playing against Barcelona (witch happened a few weeks back)... even if Benfica had the worst tactic in the world, Barcelona would never have 40 or 50 shots and Benfica 0 shots at goalie. Due the quality of Benfica players, that would be impossible to happen.

:) always nice to talk with a fellow countryman!

What you say it's true, in real life it would be very difficult (impossible?) to see a team making 40 shots and the other 0. But, this year ME is much more assertive when it cames to punish mistakes that we make.

In other words, what the game is telling you (perhaps in a exagerated manner) is that the tactic you are using in this games are completly wrong, and that, unless you change things you will never... ever... ever win or draw a game.

Stop for a minute with the "in real life this would never happen" theory... that could be true... but will leave you to nowhere.

The latest patch induced an increase in the total number of shots. Because of that its now normal to have a game with 30 or 40 shots (total). The problem with those games you've play is that the shots came from only one team. So, i'm not surprise with Barcelona having 40 shots. With this ME it's normal. My surprise is related with the fact that you had none and that, my friends, i think it's related with your tactics our your tactical aproach. :)

What view are you watching your matches in? Extended? Commentary? I have found that unless I watch at least a little bit of the game in full match mode, I am not getting the whole story about how my team is playing. If your players are pinned back in their own half, kicking the ball around a bit before getting dispossessed, then you are going to give up a ton of shots. Once your players gain possessipn, what are they doing with it? Hoofing it long down the field? Blasting it out of bounds? If you are giving up 40+ shots in a game, are you pressing the opposition and getting burned? Or are you giving them too much space and dropping deep? These are things that a statistic cannot accurately tell the story of on youur team's performance. I suggest that to truly tell how your tactics are playing out on the pitch.

Archived