Best method for developing players

Now that we can no longer create position specific training I been wondering what is the best way to develop young players. Where before if I had a promising young striker for eg, I could create a schedule that didnt have to include GK or defending training now I can no longer.

Yes there is the specific attribute training or tactical position training but that only forms a small part of their overall training.

What I have been doing so far is keeping the squad general training on a balanced schedule and manually allocating week at a time for all the other types to mix it up,, and so when I forget it goes back to a balanced schedule and so all players of all positions would get something. If I kept it on defending ,, i assume it would not benefit the attacking players and vice verse.

So anyone got any tips ,, I can't help thinking that I might not be getting the best out of my promising young players with this new system ??

Cheers mate,, yeh might give that a try now Im in Jnauary,,, would think you need to be heavier with the squad training earlier on in the season tho,, perhaps heavy in pre-season ,, med for the first couple of months then go lighter after and adjust the personal training accordingly

As a rule of thumb I have a balanced / standard (whatever it's called) team training on average and each individual I set the role / specific attribute I want on average/heavy (depending on age) (this is lower league swedish training where that results in 'heavy' for each player). Seems to have worked great for me too so far. Very few negative attribute changes and plenty of positives.

Its all about game time and tutoring, give them a specific role in training ie 'inside forward' 'poacher' etc depending on how you want to use them in future and crank their training intensity to heavy, carling cup / early FA cup starts and have an older player with a spot on personality tutor them over and over, resolute/proffesional/determined/spirited etc are all good.

Im not convinced loaning them out actually does much, can do alot better remaining at the club imo.

Archived