Setting up the back 5...

Having some trouble with this version, especially in the defence department. It seems my defenders have a knack of moonwalking backwards to the slowest through balls for their strikers to score a lot!..Also no end of problems from crosses!

I play a 41221 formation, along with a 4141 for harder matches and a 352 for easy homers...

I'm more interested in getting the 41221 and 4141 right than the 352 for now.

I am Liverpool and my team setup is:

SK(S): Reina

RB(Auto): Johnson

CB(D): Skrtel

BPD(D): Agger

LB(Auto): Jose Enrique

DMC(D): Lucas

CM(Auto): Gerrard

CM(Auto): Sahin

LW(Att): Ze Roberto

RW(Att): Assaidi

AF(Att): Saurez

My team instructions are:

Balanced

Standard(Attack for home games)

Default Passing

Default Creative Freedom

Stand off

More Cautious Closing Down

Man Marking

Defensive line is 1 below normal into deep

Width is right in the middle.

Don't play offside or Counter Attack.

Basically gauging an opinion on how people would set up their back 5 to be more tight, last season I let in 68 goals which is considered to be lower league stuff!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Well you've gave us no details on the types of goals you've conceded, what kind of things you see happening in games etc. You are asking a very vague question because what works for someone else might not work for you. A better way is to put some stats up and some analysis of the types of goals you've been letting in, general issues with the formation and so on. Then someone can advise you.

Hence why no-one as posted :)

Well its letting in goals from everywhere and tbh its the crap game as no matter what I do it doesnt stop it.

I just play three now and try and outscore the opposition.

I think the reason no one has posted is because no one knows.

Well its letting in goals from everywhere and tbh its the crap game as no matter what I do it doesnt stop it.

I just play three now and try and outscore the opposition.

Well if you can't be arsed to put the effort in and be more detailed and present actual scenarios you see happening in a game and would rather blame the game on been crap, then no-one is going to help you.

Read the first line....I bet you didnt.

Bet I did. But you either aren't reading my posts or are ignoring them....

There are different kinds of through balls, from the wings, MC's even from defenders. The same can be said for crosses, is it byline crosses, crosses from deep etc?

Without any specific details no-one can help, but I'm sure I've said that several times already.

Show PKM's, show screenshots, show the stats blah blah blah

I'm tryna help you here, but you need to help us help you...

Archived