Ashton321's FM13 Small Club to Big Club African Challenge

Hello all I have decided to start the first ever African Challenge. It will be run much in the same way as the other Small to Big Clubs challenge already in this forum. This however will encourage African only teams. I am opening this to all versions of Football Manager and I will obviously allow new leagues to be downloaded and played.

The Aim: To take your team to Afrcian Champions League and Club World Club Glory. The second aim is take the nation that your team plays in to African Nations and World Cup Glory.

Method 1:

1. Take your team to domestic glory (win a league title in the highest league)
  2. Take your team to continental glory (win the African Champions League)
  3. Take your team to global glory (win the FIFA Club World Cup)
  4. Challenge Complete!

Method 2:

(the first 3 steps are identical)

1. (step 4) - Take your country to continental glory (win the African Nations Cup)
  2. (step 5) - Take your country to world glory (win the World Cup)
  3. (step 6) - Win the FIFA Confederations Cup
  4. Challenge complete!

Method 2 is obviously the much harder achievement, and really if you can win on 'hard' difficulty, you deserve it! But even winning Method 1 is a great achievement, because it is a requirement to win the FIFA Club World Cup.

Getting Started:

[*]Start a new game

[*]Select any league combinations you want. New for the FM13, I am allowing players to play this challenge as part of your career game (obviously, you will have to load at least one . However, you will have holiday one season in the league you want to manage in. You can even try my challenge in the future, however, you must have that league loaded from the start (I still wouldn't trust the add/remove leagues feature yet...) and you won't have to holiday a season.

[*]Enable Attribute masking

[*]Use fake players optional

[*]Your starting manager must be Sunday League Footballer or Automatic

Reccomended

[*]Add all players currently based in Africa

[*]Add all players of the Nationality of your particular Nation

Rules

Not a lot:

• no cheating
  • if you're sacked, holiday to the rest of the season and select a new club
  • you can manage your club and country at any time
  • have fun
  • please tell everyone you know about this challenge. It's fun
  • Signing players - please scout them or trial them before signing them

Update Styles

I would like to see a post of your manager and some details about your club then, its up to you really, just really the league table at the end of the season.

Final Words

I want people to enjoy this as it hopefully brings something slightly different to this forum. Any questions please let me know.

You will not be massively surprised to note that I am beginning this adventure in Angola. I am currently trying to choose a team using the reset date above.

Please note I am using FM12 and as stated above people are free to use any version of FM for this challenge.

Domant FC - Gira Angola – 2011/2012

10165.jpg

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started the season of with a defeat and I honestly was thinking the worse for the season but I need not had worried, we just continued to win and win and win. I was amazed with the not only how well we played but also more with the lack of quality in this league I really thought things may have been tougher but in the end we won the league with relative ease.

Angolan Cup – a really good run for us as we beat a side in our league before turning other a team in the top league. In the end the 1/4 final was as far as we could hope for and it was all over for us.

Finances – not great but with such a low wage going out we did not lose to much and I could be fairly happy with where we ended.

Transfers[/b] - we had to get some new players into the squad early on to add not just quality but also depth. Some players left who had not enough quality or room to improve.

Youth Intake - A couple of decent players one being the centre midfield player who starts straight away.

Stars of the Season:

Ruben Yulu Ngwandjo – a quality player who will only get better with time. He scored for fun all season long and I am pretty sure he will continue this next year.

Ricardo Rodrigues – joined at the start of the year and really started to shine mid season whilst being able to play on either wing. He was really good and I am hoping he will continue to get better next year.

Sebastio Gomes - perhaps not the best quality of player in my squad but was really strong all year through. I am hoping he can continue to defy belief next year and prove me wrong again.

Story So Far

Season    League                   Position      Angolan Cup    African Competions   Average Attendance   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Gira Angola                   1st      1/4 Final       N/A                            485      Promoted as Champions

Next Season

Superb season really and I was not expecting. I am hoping that we can stay up next year. I am hoping to stay up with room to spare in all honesty.

You can leave the thread open and re-activate interest later on when there are more patches out as well.

I personally only get FM when the latest patch is out and as I am living in Ghana at the moment would be keen to give the challenge a go when that time comes.

I might have a crack at this once I'm done in South America, assuming the custom leagues are nice. I find often they can be made quite lazily and default settings like discipline rules of a ban after 2 yellows, then 3 then 4 are in which is used by almost no leagues and means your squad is constantly suspended.

• 10 months later...

Archived