A bug or just plain stupidity ??

DE-Z

I'm in my first season as Newcastle boss and I have roughly 2 months to run on my contract.

We are 2nd in the league, 8 points behind Man City in the top spot but guaranteed a European cup spot. My seasonal objective was Europa league via League. I got knocked out in the 3rd round of the F.A cup and board expectation was 6th round. I got knocked out in the QF of the Capital One cup and board expectation was QF. I got knocked out of Europa League in 2nd Knockout round, the board expectation was 1st knockout round.

My job security is very secure. The board are happy, the fans are happy. All the board confidence bars are 3/4th's full, all my signings have been loved by the board and fans.

I recently asked for a new contract after seeing a press article saying Newcastle are making contingency plans in case I leave and Mike Ashley turned round and said you haven't warranted one. What is all this about? My players keep going to the press saying I deserve a new contract and to have Newcastle in the European Cup I believe I deserve one too?

We all know what Mike Ashley is like but surely he isn't this stupid? What do you guys think?

Archived