Polar Power - Alta IF

celtavigo

AltaIF%20Logo.gif

Alta IF is probably the world's furthest north football club to play at a somewhat reasonable level. The team plays in the Norwegian 1st division. The conditions this far north are so harsh that the team has to play their home games indoors, in the Finnmark Hall. Their current spell in the 1st division has lasted since 2008, although the team was relegated IRL this season.

Note that I took charge after 6 games, so the transfers aren't mine.

Prediction - 13.: Predicted to be relegated as in IRL, but I think we will stay up, as the team has some quality players.

Finances: OK

Chairman status: Loves the Club

Stadium: Finnmarkshallen. Capacity 4000 (1000 seated)

Medium database, Norwegian to 2nd level, English to BSP and Spanish to 2nd Division B loaded.

Key Players: Svein-Ove Thomassen: Quality playmaker who can dribble and shoot. Lacks pace, though.

Lukasz Jarosinski: The pole is a very reliable keeper at this level.

Toni Lindberg: Top quality CB. Very good in the air and a threat from set pieces too.

Rune Ertsås: A striker with Prem experienced. Pacy and good in front of goal.

Tactic: We'll try to sit deep with many men behind the ball, before launching a counter attack with long balls towards Ertsås.

Results in April-May Note: The game against Hødd was my first in charge.

We started off with a great away win against strugglers Hødd, before crashing out of the cup against the minnows from Harstad. We went on to a loss against Sandefjord, one of the top teams, before taking a great win at home over Start. The draw against Notodden was slightly disappointing. We're currently sitting in 8th out of 16 in the table, 2 points away from a play-off spot, and 4 points away from relegation.

The players who stood out were particularily the striker Ngom, who impressed with his great pace and strength as well as showing good goal-scoring abilities, and CB Dujilo, who not only was very good at the back, but also scored two great goals.

Interesting club. I wonder how far the club could go with an indoor stadium like that - like with minimum requirements for European competitions, etc. Good job!!

Well, IG the stadium isn't recognized as indoor so it shouldn't pose any issues for European competitions.

Good luck with Alta, celtavigo. I'm also playing in Norway so I'll follow your progress with attention.

Archived