I've just managed to guide my Brighton team to promotion to the Premiership at the second time of trying. We won the league comfortably but suffered a real dip in form towards the end of the season, not managing a win in my final 5 games!

Now my team are struggling to adapt to life in the top flight. Despite adding some very good players to my squad including Leigh Griffiths and having adequate cover for all positions we find ourselves down near the bottom of the table without a win.

Any of you FM gurus got any ideas to help me get back to winning ways?

Well you could maybe improve or change your tactic but I don't know what tactic or players you are playing with so I'm not sure and can't tell you how. You could maybe also improve your man management but I don't know your teams morale is doing and how you are currently managing it so again I'm not sure.

The only info you give us is that you are just promoted and you need to know how to "adapt to the life in the top flight". There is no magical formula or tactic that lets you "adapt to the top flight". If you are just looking for a good tactic you can try the tactic sharing center. If you want advice on your current tactic and way of playing you need to post some info on it so we can help you improve it or adapt it to the new situation.

What I think is most important to realise though, is that you can no longer play your dominating tactic you did last season. Teams in the top division will know, and have the quality, to exploit the space you create. (The space that made you win most matches last season.) I would recommend playing more compact, and focus on having your team keep shape to frustrate opponents and go from there.

On the form crisis I don't know.. What Marsupian said, you need to explain more about morale etc. For instance, have a look at what your Boardroom has to say on Team Chemistry. What are your tactic familiarities.

Ace username pal.

My advice would be stick with the core of your team who have best Determination, Workrate etc, ie your staunch stalwart 110% percenters. Use whatever personal chat options to keep their morale as high as possible. Check ahead of games if your opponent has scored loads off corners and use 'defend set pieces' match prep to combat. Try and stay in the game, if you're 0-1 down to a decent team stay defensive, don't go attacking too early to try and get back in the game, keep solid, keep men behind the ball and later on get that ball forward, get shots in and maybe pinch one from a corner.

Archived