Pierre-Alain Frau...

Timbers

Promoted first season with Norwich and noticed that Frau was up for grabbies on a free so decided to indulge; mainly because i remember his prolificness on a save in Football Manager 2005 as Lyon, to be honest i thought even if he doesnt cut it in the prem potentially he will be a brilliant tutor for my younglins; and potentially a decent coach.

Think i got lucky with him accepting a low-ish wage package after wanting 18k/wk before i managed to get him down but it says alot when he comes in straight away and is valued at 2.2mill...

Will he be good in the premiership? He obviously performed well in the friendly getting himself a hat-trick and rating of 9.6; but was just wondering if anyone still uses him or buys him or whether anyone did the same as me and picked him up as a once talented guy?!

Experiences would be good if there are any nowadays...

Feel i may struggle in the Premiership with my strikers being Grant Holt (23 in championship), Simeon Jackson (20 in championship), Hannes Sigurosson (13 in championship) and Nei (10 in champ)-who was from Gremio Anapolis for 2k and looking to leave for 375k...

So Frau to do well or not?!

Pierre-AlainFrauProfile_Attributes.png

Had him at Lille as first choice backup to gervinho. thats a very good buy. i also lost him after the first season as he refused to sign a new contract.

did well for me racking up the assists either as an attacking winger on the right of a 2-2-1 diamond or as inside forward cutting in from a left wing position

never performed as a striker for me though. hope this helps

I also got him as a free signing with Xerez in the 2nd season when I got promoted, my top scorer, works very well as a striker, but will miss a few one on ones, but other than that, he's consistent

@kkas- cheers for the suggestions... im playing him in the middle of a top 3 in a 41(defensivemid)23... and the only person to score for me 3 games in (3in3) i ended up getting Destro and Sanogo as well as two regens for up front- but obviously they're all for the future...

Frau looking good though...

Hmm bring the struggle!

Archived