[FM11] It's A Crazy World!

MadMurph

Hey all,

Welcome to my career thread. I haven't really posted on here before, so what way to start than starting up a journeyman save in which I plan start from the lowest of the low, and then gradually become a managerial legend! I'm gonna spend all my FM time devoted to this save in a which hopefully you guys can witness with me the potential highs... and lows of becoming the greatest manager that has ever lived (if it all goes to plan! :D)

Career Setup:

Patch: 11.3

screenshot20110309at023.png

I'll be starting the game unemployed and at a experience level of 'Sunday League Footballer'.

The basic layout of this thread I intend to set out my results are will be in 3 steps. A Pre-Season Update, Mid-Season Update and finally the End-Season Update. Of course any other information which you guys would like to know, please just ask me.

Another aspect to this save in which I plan to give it more of a 'unique' challenge is that I will be making minimal signings. I've allocated a limit of a maximum 3 new signings every season, bringing the emphasis of the teams youth as a important factor. Hopefully it makes for something different as i've yet to try anything like this before.

Anyways, hopefully you guys enjoy the read.

CAREER OVERVIEW:

2010/11 - Romford FC - English Isthmian League (First Division North): 20th / 36pts (Joined 2nd January 2011)

Attention: Could someone please explain to me how to make a 'list' for all my honours in like a way i've seen how other threads are presented. My knowledge in web/html design is lacking... sorry! :D

And so it begins....

With the turn of the new year, and despite what felt like a absolute eternity in terms of the time it taken to actually find a job, 2 offers were in place in front of me. One from Mother Russia herself or one a little bit more closer to home, well in fact only about 20 miles from where I live. Despite the Russians giving me a far better financial package, personally I wasn't ready to brave the harsh winter of Russia just yet and duly accepted the offer from Isthmian League First Division (North) side, Romford FC.

romford%20logo%20apr10.jpg

SEASON 1 (2010/11) - ROMFORD F.C.

Date of Arrival: 2/1/2011

Media Prediction: 10th

Personal Goal: Survive Relegation Battle

Stadium & Facilities | Finances | Current Table

Overview:

Not the best remedy for a New Years Hangover. Romford F.C are currently langishing in 21st place, in the relegation zone. The previous manager had led the club to one of the worse starts to a season I've seen on a game of Football Manager in which they only got 2 draws from their opening 14 games. To be fair to the previous manager, they did manage to improve over the November/December period, but unfortunately, again the team have hit poor form and thats when the owner dismissed of his services before it got worse and gave me the chance. I'm not expecting much, the team is in poor shape, not just in morale but in quality. My personal aim is to just survive this season and hopefully, start to steady the ship. Not really the most ideal way to start my career, but I'm up for the challenge!

Key Players:

Charlie Moone (ST/AMR): Currently on loan from Hampton & Richmond. Needs to still get his first goal, which hopefully comes very soon.

Adam Rafis (GK): Mediocre goalkeeper who will need to prove his worth to me.

Chris Mullen (DC): Pacey center back.

Disaster strikes!?

Loanee striker Charlie Moone just pulled up in a game against title contenders Grays Athletic in which the physio's have diagnosed him with a torn hamstring, resulting him to be out of action for 3-4 months. I've decided to terminate his loan in which it's useless for me to be paying for his wages while his out.

Shame really, has he finally broke his duck and scored 2 goals in his previous game and looked impressive.

Due to a bit of injury crisis and a lack of quality up front, I've decided to use one of my allocated signings for the season I've allowed for myself

Jason Smith (ST) - Free

Hopefully he'll bring some friendly competition and maybe a bit of quality to the teams strike-force.

Quick update on the league table as I'm about 2 months into the job. We're out of the relegation zone!... but by only just, and now the form has gone out of the window as i've lost 3 in a row. There's 2 places for teams to get relegated from and there's 3 teams who are currently fighting out to survive. To make things even more interesting. My last 2 games of the season are against both Great Wakering & Tilbury, both of the teams I'm fighting relegation against. Intense!

SEASON 1 (2010/11) - ROMFORD F.C. - END OF SEASON REVIEW

League Table | Past Positions | Fixtures

OVERVIEW:

Well, we survived! But it wasn't easy, not at all. The start of my career with Romford bought a fresh outlook to the team as we went on a 6-game unbeaten run (2 wins, 4 draws) which allowed us to get ourselves out of the relegation zone. Unfortunately for us, a poor performance away to Maldon & Tiptree (3-0 away defeat) and then a host of injuries ensured that we would be in a relegation dog fight for the rest of our season. Form again, turned sour as we went on a run of 5 losses on the bounce. Luckily for us, both Great Wakering and Tilbury were in just as bad form as we were. The team's luck turned as we grinded out a 1-0 win at home to Waltham Forest which finally awoken some of our players as grinded out some good results at the tail end of the season. A solid 1-1 away draw to relegated Great Wakering on the penultimate game of season confirmed our survival. Random fact: I also ended up with 111 yellow cards for the season... that's crazy, but not in a good way. Didn't bother adding our cup games as I physically didn't play any of them and well, they were non-existant anyways.

STAR PLAYER: Chris Mullen (DC) - Really fought a hard battle with some good performances, improved immensely as the season drew to a close.

NEXT SEASON OBJECTIVE: To stabilise the team and if I'm being optimistic, leave my mark to the squad and challenge for a top half finish. And to curb the bookings haha!

---------------------

Other Information:

Champions League Winners: Inter

Europa League Winners: Schalke

Club World Championship: Inter

English Premier League Winners: Man Utd

English FA Cup: Arsenal

English League Cup: Man Utd

Spanish La Liga Winners: Barcelona

Serie A Winners: Roma

Ligue 1 Winners: Lyon

Bundesliga Winners: FC Bayern

Eredivisie Winners: Ajax

Russian Premier Winners: CSKA Moscow

Liga ZON Sarges Winners: Benfica

Scottish Premier Winners: Rangers

Top 5 Most Expensive Transfers (2010-11):

Arturo Vidal: Leverkusen to Man City = £17m

Gervinho: LOSC Lille to Man City = £16.25

Jefferson Farfan: Schalke to Man City = £16.25m

Nuri Sahin: Dortmund to Man City = £14.25m

Bryan Ruiz: FC Twente to Sunderland = £13.75m

SEASON 2 (2011/12) - Romford F.C. - Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction: 19th

Personal Aim: Mid-table, consolidate position within league.

Transfer Budget: £0 | Wage Budget: £975 (Current Budget: £956)

NEW SIGNINGS:

Stewart Hunter (MC): Initial Report | Stats

The guy who will hopefully make the team tick. Hoping for some good consistent performances.

Kevin Laird (MR): Initial Report | Stats

Athletic winger who will give us some quality down the sides of the pitch.

Robbie Kirkpatrick (GK): Initial Report | Stats

Replacement for previous keeper Adam Rafis, as he wouldn't renew his contract without being offered ridiculous money.

MadMurph's YOUTH PROJECT:

Matt Watts (YP1) (ST) - Initial Report | Stats

Best of a bad bunch.

-----------------

Next League Game: vs. Harlow (H)

Archived