Making new nations/continents in the editor?

Wild Dog

There's really no point unless you're very keen, it's bloody difficult to maintain- obviously there will be no players of the new nationality, and there will be no tournaments to participate in. To go around creating leagues/cups too would mean creating clubs, stadia, players etc. But best of luck!

Currently there is the vote in Sudan to split it into North/South, so I was wondering whether to add a new nation, but for the above reasons it might be a bit tricky.

• 2 months later...

As of Patch 11.3, it isn't possible to add nations anymore in the way I described in the article. I haven't found a workaround yet to it and have the feeling it has been completely blocked out.

As of Patch 11.3, it isn't possible to add nations anymore in the way I described in the article. I haven't found a workaround yet to it and have the feeling it has been completely blocked out.

As I discovered basically the day it came out, it doesn't work at all. You can't even load edits with new nations I made in 11.2.

Particularly annoying, as I was waiting for 11.3 to create a new nation edit file :/

Don't understand why they would do something like this. It wasn't like it was something you were going to accidentally stumble upon, was it?

As I discovered basically the day it came out, it doesn't work at all. You can't even load edits with new nations I made in 11.2.

Particularly annoying, as I was waiting for 11.3 to create a new nation edit file :/

Don't understand why they would do something like this. It wasn't like it was something you were going to accidentally stumble upon, was it?

If we were having this conversation a couple of years ago, when adding new leagues with a new game was still something SI/SEGA could advertise with, I would probably understand this course of action. However, with no new leagues being added the past couple of years I do not understand why they don't pick up on the potential other games have already proven, that having a strong modding community can do a lot of good for your game in the long run. Perhaps with FM 2012 we'll get lucky and they build a proper editor that allows us to really go wild on creating new custom stuff.

Though perhaps the reasons for not allowing it was because if not set up properly it could crash your game at each attempt you make at playing it and thus having the less informed people to why it happens become disgruntled with the game.

Archived