Can I merge two countries?

Booooooom

Basically what I wanna do is to delete Cyprus as a nation and put all Cypriot clubs on Greece. I intend to restructure the Greek league so as to accommodate Cypriot clubs in all divisions (probably will create 4 divisions and then try to create regional divisions as well)

I will also assign all Cypriot towns and villages under Greece plus all Cypriot nationalities will be changed to Greek.

Is this possible or will it be a major problem due to the international qualifications as well as UEFA rankings/seed?

It's something that will take some time so I don't want to waste any time on a project that will not work!

You can do all that but you can't delete Cyprus and you must leave 8 clubs to have Cypriot nationality (or make them all Greek but then you would have to recreate the UEFA comps so they don't use Cypriot teams)

Thanks for the responses. I had all these in mind, but I want to clarify some things before I get started.

Say I relocate all towns in Greece as well as all the clubs. That's the easiest thing to do, as I can rename Cyprus into some other country and get things done by changing the nationalities of the players (language is the same)

Another option would be to send all Cypriot clubs to Greece and making Cyprus defunct. That would mean that UEFA spots as well as national team would disappear. Would creating a random new nation in Europe and member of FIFA set things straight? Meaning that it'll take Cyprus spot on the UEFA 2008 qualifiers and 2-3 newly created clubs would play instead of the Cypriot clubs in European competitions?

Both options sound the same I guess and 1st one is easier, but I'd rather keep Cyprus as defunct so that club history can be carried with the teams. I don't want the Cypriot teams to move in the Greek league having no history whatsoever!

How exactly do i do that? There's no make defunct option for countries as there is for clubs. I could take them off Uefa and add Monaco there, but I'd need 8cluvs in Monaco right?

Also, i've managed renaming the country, creating 8new random clubs and 3cities and sending all cities and clubs from Cyprus to Greece as well as having a decent league structure.

Problem is that on the file it says that only the Greek league should be used, why is that? Do i need to add nation rules for the replacement country as well?

I put 8 clubs on Monaco, but nothing happened.

All Cypriot clubs (now considered Greek) have been participating as normal in European competitions and Cyprus was still in the Euro 2008 qualifiers even if I unticked Fifa full member and zeroed all coefficients and Fifa points...

I will try creating a new country now and see how it goes, but can I actually replace a country from all competitions with a newly created one?

Archived