Stuck at setting up match screen. WTF

Hey guys,

I was impressed at the speed my game was running at. Friendlies load up real quick and game was smooth. As soon as I go to play my first season match, the screen is stuck at setting up match, please wait. It's not frozen, just loading. WTf. I restarted the game, played a few friendlies before the first official fixture and they were fine. Why does it stop when I want to play my first real game! I am so frustrated right now SI. My computer is fast. No problem there. What is this problem? I want it fixed as I spent $89 on this game.

I find that before I start the game, the only way to play "season" matches is to leave the option on "classic view" and on only commentary. The switch to key highlights when game starts. Ridiculous . Can anyone else relate to the freezing of the match screen ? So annoying

I have a similar issue too where by I cannot get to the match screen - it seems to be stuck on the team selection screen.

I am trying to play the customary game-opener "intra-squad" friendly - but every time I press "Match" or the spacebar on the tactics screen, there's about a one-second pause, then the names, positions, statuses and morale of all players (with the exception of the positions of the players selected in the match squad) all disappear, then reappear within about a quarter-of-a-second, and nothing happens.

If I go to another screen and press "Match", it takes me back to the tactics screen, as if there is an issue with my team selection - but no 'error' (e.g. "<PLAYER> is unavailable for this match") but even clearing it and getting the assistant to pick results in the same issue.

I'd like the know if this exact occurrence (including the "disappearing squad list" as described above) is experienced by anyone else. (Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread by reporting an unrelated issue, but sounds like it could be related).

Possible relation. I just want an answer as to why my match screen freezes when I have it on key highlights. WTF!!! Also, strikers seem to just walk through the defense at times!! So buggy to watch the 3d match engine at times. Doesn't SI listen to us?? If it easy for us , there wouldn't be SI! So pull up your socks guys :) can't we have a game without all these bugs? Why don't you go back to 2D until you fix all bugs in the 3d. It feels unrealistic watching my striker literally run through 3 defenders without the defenders doing anything but sitting there.

Archived