Key vs. Commentary

How you usually see your games? I'm not asking because I am a FIFA maniac and would like to say FM sucks because it doesn't look so nice, but because I actually see a difference in the performance of the players all the time I change the settings. It happened to me in FM many years and I am sure there's something wrong here. For example when you play against a far weaker team than you in normal view it's possible to even lose, but also to win by a tight margin. If you see the game in the commentary mode, you'll win for sure. Big time, most of the games.

This situation is still present in FM11. I am playing at a team in Romania (which just bought around 10 new players, so the players are not blending at all between them). Lots of games I used the same tactic, the same players and they were just crap. My strikers (reported by the staff as quality players) didn't scored at all until I change the view mode to commentary. They've started to score and my team started to win too.

Is it only me that's happening to?

Very interesting. I was going to post something about this. I saved my game before a reserve game and tryed diff views to see if the game had very diff results. I also played without watchign the game and letting it just go to result. I found that with full play on and watching the game there was less goals. When I played with just the result coming thru not once was it 0-0 or even 1-0. With results only I saw atleast 2 goals everytime with the highest being 4-1. The highest with full game view was 2-1. I did this 5 times on each view. Key, result, full. On key it was in between on average. Lucvk maybe or coincidence? I dont know. Anyone else noticed this or tryed this out?

It's definitely not luck or coincidence, this is been happening to me since FM08, when I first scrolled through the watching modes, realising some games are too boring to watch in extended, and some of them are too important not to watch in extended. Once I thought it's luck or coincidence, as you say, but I doubt. There is something wrong with the match engine, that's a bug lots of managers could take advantage of if they would know when to employ each match view.

When you replay a game 10 times with in the same mode, you'll probably end up with 10x a different result as well.

Afaik, there is only 1 match engine, and it is used for all modes.

No its not. If you play games on diff modes the game is generated differently. Also if leagues are run on full or not they also are run on a different engine. The way games are calculated are different. I promise you. Before your next reserve game save it. Play it on fast view, and then let the result just come in. Leave everything the same(do it 3 times with each) I bet you 8/10 times out of those 6. Meaning 10 goes with that process the results will be higher with more goals on results only.

No its not. If you play games on diff modes the game is generated differently. Also if leagues are run on full or not they also are run on a different engine. The way games are calculated are different. I promise you. Before your next reserve game save it. Play it on fast view, and then let the result just come in. Leave everything the same(do it 3 times with each) I bet you 8/10 times out of those 6. Meaning 10 goes with that process the results will be higher with more goals on results only.

Yes, competitions that run in the background use a different system, but I thought all player matches were done by the ME (as you can get reports, goals, statistics from them).

But to make any statistical conclussions, you'll probably need to rerun these tests 100's of time, or just get an anwser from SI. :)

Archived