[FM10] Ireland World Cup 2010 Campaign Minus Thierry Henry

dburns647

Haha I think the country will be proud regardless of the result :D

Yea they are a lot better in FM, you seem to have a lot of faith in me :p

Well you got this far. No reason you cannot go just one more step. :D

World Cup, Final - Ireland 3-2 England

Overview, Mach Stats + Ireland Player Ratings

The biggest match in Ireland's history and probably the most important match most of these players will play in their careers.

The first half was rather boring but Wayne Rooney scoring a great goal where he skinned 3 of my defenders before scoring. Then John Terry scored a header from a corner just on the stroke of half time. The second half was much more exciting with 3 goals being scored, Robbie Keane grabbed one goal back for us with a great solo goal. Soon after Aiden McGeady brought us back on level terms when he cut in from the left hand side before curling the ball into the top corner. So the momentum was with us and Shane Long secured hero status for the rest of his life with the winner 9 minutes from time.

We hung on after that goal and the final whistle went...Ireland had won the World Cup!!

What a result, that's an impressive list of teams knocked out. Are you planning on continuing with Ireland in the save now or was it simply for the 2010 WC?

Thanks :) I dunno yet, think I'll play until I get Ireland 1st in the World Rankings then see what kind of regens we get before I decide wether to continue past that.

Archived