My Indonesian League (not really for realism seeker)

Sead Muratic

Hi. I wonder if anyone here is interested in Indonesian League (even in the age of swapping, it's hardly of any use). I am in the middle of creating a new system of it myself, any suggestion will be much appreciated.

As an Indonesian I always think that we have an uninspired league system and offering minimum to no fun at all to play in FM, except maybe for the top division.

So, just out of guilt of never playing it, and the desire to control my local team (which currently doesn't play in any division), I decided to tweak it for my own amusement. I reverted back to 2.0 patch and standard editor in doing this.

My new league system is not made to satisfy the need for realism. For example, apart for top division sides, I even reshuffled the squad to create better representation to the club reputation. And in more extreme case, I changed every club name to more basic naming style (i.e. city name, much like in English football) since I was tired of seeing 90% of Indonesian clubs have name begin with 'Per', I know purists will not like it, but I think the sheer uniformity in club names is a great help in making Indonesian league more unappealing and confusing to foreigners.

I will continue with the league and cup structure in the next post...

LEAGUES

The top two tiers, the only two nationwide divisions are modeled after the English league system:

1. Indonesian Super League (20 teams. 18 teams from the real ISL plus 2 reputable real IPL teams).

2. Indonesian National Division (24 teams, mostly are the current IPL teams).

And down we go to the lower, regionalized divisions:

3. Indonesian Division One (2 sub-divisions of 16 teams each)

4. Indonesian Division Two (4 sub-divisions of 14)

5. Indonesian Division Three (14 sub-divisions of 10 to 12)

6. Indonesian National Amateur Championship (28 sub-divisions of 4 to 6)

CUPS:

- Indonesian Cup (for all clubs in the 5 top tiers)

- Indonesian Super Cup (the winners of ISL and IL)

- Indonesian Nusantara Cup (East) (all tiers 5 and 6 clubs from Eastern Indonesia)

- Indonesian Nusantara Cup (West) (all tiers 5 and 6 clubs from Western Indonesia)

- Indonesian Nusantara Cup (a grand final style cup between the East and West winner)

That's all I can think of for now...

Great work, Sead but changing teams' actual name kinda take away the realism that this game is all about.

Which is why people are so adamant of removing the fake lnc which blocked the J League teams for having their actual names

He he, I know, that's why I told it beforehand. However, it is not an exact same case with Japanese one, as I am not changing the club names to some completely alien monikers. I still have to be able to identify the teams myself to enjoy the game, and I have no problem identifying my Tangerang FC as the old Persita, Tangerang City as the old Persikota, or Jayapura as Persipura. I am not even changing the names of the team which doesn't start with 'Per' (I do not touch Sriwijaya FC, Arema, Pelita Jaya etc..). Oh and in Indonesia, teams are still changing names regularly in reality.

But once again, realism is not exactly what I am trying to achieve in doing it, as I said I just refused to get confused with the league system and team names, as it got worse when you played lower league (IRL, we are now waiting to see how it will be if Persiba (Badung) manage to get promotion to the ISL when they will play in the same division with Persib (Bandung) and another Persiba (this one from Balikpapan). Oh and there are Persibat, Persibo, and Persibi, then Pesik, Persik (Kediri), Persik (Kendal), Persika, Persiku, and endless list of other soundalikes. Awesome).

Thanks for the response anyway.

Cheers

Well well well, who woulda thunk it, another Indonesian on the board!

(You are Indonesian, right?) LOL

Sead, you mentioned that your local team is not in any division, may I know what it is?

Anyway, I actually tried something similar to yours back in FM 09, albeit in a much smaller scale. One suggestion, goodness knows that we're all tired of seeing 'Pers-' and 'PS-' all over the place, but hey, that's what makes the Indonesian football laughable (if not lovable), and you as well as I know that some clubs' names are so deeply rooted in our rich and shambolic football history that removing them altogether would just, well, not feel right. I mean, Jakarta FC doesn't really feel like Persija, or Surabaya FC doesn't really feel like Persebaya, or Medan FC doesn't really feel like PSMS, etc. Anyway, you know what I mean.

So, going back to the suggestion part, what I did was complete the club's short name part in the editor with its full, long name, not just its short name. So, instead of just 'Persija' in the game, it's now displayed as 'Persija Jakarta'; instead just 'PSMS', it's now displayed 'PSMS Medan'; this way, all clubs' full names (including the cities) were displayed in the game, not just their 'Pers-'/'PS-' names.

It looked a whole lot better in the tables; it read a whole lot better in the news/whatever; it was extremely helpful if you wanted to know if you were playing PSBL Bandar Lampung or PSBL Langsa, Persiba Balikpapan or Persiba Bantul :D

Anyway, just my two cents. Good luck, and keep up the good work. ;)

Hey, Ivanro, of 280 millions or so you should have expected at least another one in here:-)

Anyway, glad to find you here.

Straight to the 'Pers-' thingy. Well, maybe it has something to do with the absence of my local team, Perses Sumedang, from one of top four tiers, so I can't feel any root to its name - despite my grandpa was its chairman in the 80's - since I don't see it playing week in week out nowadays (kids don't even know that it exist and think that the only club left to support is Persib, 50 kilometers away).

But, I can totally understand when people feel strongly for the names. That's why I give it a 'warning' just in case I manage to finish and let anyone else play the db.

In short, my db is probably of 'alternate reality' nature, where things are not quite what theye are while bearing some extreme resemblance to the real things.

Or maybe I should make an .lnc file to enable both styles of names.

Another thing, I haven't figured out what will be the best solution for the laughability of regen names. Creating as many language as neccessary? I mean, you don't like to see a regen named I Nyoman Siregar, don't you?:-)

Cheers

just wait n going to download it bro!!!!

good luck!!!

As long as you're okay with its heavily fictional nature, I'll be happy to upload it for you after some testings. Hope I can start playing it tomorrow in holiday mode to see if everything works at least for three seasons.

Cheers

Indonesia :cool: I've played the Indonesian leagues quite a lot on FM09 and FM10; you might be able to tell from my location that Barito Putra are my team of choice. Chosen partly because their name doesn't start with Per-!

Renaming teams is definitely a good idea, it can get a bit confusing, though I got used to it eventually. Might try this out at some point, though I've not been on FM10 for a couple of months, so no idea when! Keep up the good work :thup:

I have tested the db for a season in Holiday mode. As predicted the major problem is the way the game handle regionalized division after promotion/relegation occur, some teams go into completely wrong division. In leagues with big numbers of team it is only slightly distracting, but in small league it can be very disappointing.

Not all are this bad though, but this is the worst example: My original line up of Division 4 Group 6B are Klaten, Kebumen, Banjarnegara, and Wonosobo. All teams hailed from central to eastern Central Java (oh yes I set lattitude, longitude, boundaries, and regional division meticulously).

Now this is how the group look like in the second season (Klaten got a promotion): Bengkayang, Bagansiapiapi, Subang, and...Waropen. I can forgive Bengkayang (for its lattitude) and Subang (for its longitude), but Bagansiapi and Waropen?! I have to rename it V group for its geograpical shape:-(

And why Kebumen and Wonosobo don't stay put? And while Banjarnegara move sweetly to 6A with its closest neighbors of Tegal, Brebes, and Pekalongan, it takes Pemalang's place and exile the poor side to Northern Sulawesi.

But I have to say that it's inevitable after reading that it is a very common problem. Now I concentrate on two minor problem, my Nusantara Cup (Division Three super cup) doesn't work (next season maybe) and the three later names for most competition stopped to show up, about this I have no idea why. Anyone?

Archived