Easier to get a son??

I think this is one of those ideas that could make the game a little more fun without really impacting on realism.

RL sons of managers might be a rare breed, but it does happen, so I see no problem with increasing the chance of one of us getting a son in game.

Good way of feeling some sort of connection with one/two of the players.

1st son 1:50

2nd son 1:500

Etc...

This way we won't end up with a squad of our own children. I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest.

Good idea.

Thanks bardock :)

What bardock said is what i agree with, slightly higher chance of having a son, but not so high that next moment everyone have a son. If I'm not wrong, the chance of having a son is 1:10,000. In other words, the chance of having a son in a season is 0.01%. Isn't that just too low???

Maybe one suggestion: your son may not come from the club you managed, but instead, he may be an semi-pro/amateur player in lower leagues. For example, I am managing Arsenal, but my son may not be that good to be a youth of arsenal, he'll either come into the game as a regen player of a small club in London, or as a free agent. Also, maybe a feature that a news comes out to tell you of the player, giving you a hint that he's your son! How about that guys???

Thanks bardock :)

What bardock said is what i agree with, slightly higher chance of having a son, but not so high that next moment everyone have a son. If I'm not wrong, the chance of having a son is 1:10,000. In other words, the chance of having a son in a season is 0.01%. Isn't that just too low???

Maybe one suggestion: your son may not come from the club you managed, but instead, he may be an semi-pro/amateur player in lower leagues. For example, I am managing Arsenal, but my son may not be that good to be a youth of arsenal, he'll either come into the game as a regen player of a small club in London, or as a free agent. Also, maybe a feature that a news comes out to tell you of the player, giving you a hint that he's your son! How about that guys???

Yeah, I kind of agree with it. I just think that given the real life examples, there aren't that many father/son combinations in football that the odds should stay the same, or maybe a slight reduction to 1:5000. I've never had a son in-game, but I don't think I'd like one knowing that nearly everyone is having one. It would make it less 'special' if you know what I mean.

Son threads hit all time high. Find a youth player who has you among his favourite personnel and just change the player's name to include your last name (through the nickname thingy). Sure he's not your son but it does exactly the same job.

Basically, what is the point? I had a son on one of my saves, rubbish youth squad player, farmed him out to a non league club, where he didn't get a game so free transferred him and he disappeared within six months. That's when I got that news item about my family estrangement. Apparently even my wife wanted to leave me. The divorce had an effect more on my players than me.

Son threads hit all time high. Find a youth player who has you among his favourite personnel and just change the player's name to include your last name (through the nickname thingy). Sure he's not your son but it does exactly the same job.

Basically, what is the point? I had a son on one of my saves, rubbish youth squad player, farmed him out to a non league club, where he didn't get a game so free transferred him and he disappeared within six months. That's when I got that news item about my family estrangement. Apparently even my wife wanted to leave me. The divorce had an effect more on my players than me.

It's just something to lighten the game up. Some people (like me) don't, and will never, touch an editor.

Archived