FM-Glory2010

newhomeg.jpg

FM-Glory2010 - Home Of Football Manager!!!

Hello all and welcome to Fm-Glory2010, Within this thread we will give you regular updates on not only the progression of our clan but also how we are all doing on the game itself. We are a brand new clan to Si Games started by myself Kevin Moore and quickly followed by my fellow members, our ultimate goal is to be the best damn football manager clan in the WORLD! We are a friendly bunch who like a laugh and most importantly love football and the up's and down's of the best Football Management game around.

The days and times we will be playing are as follows:

Sunday... 6PM until 11PM

Tuesday... 7PM until 11PM

Wednesday... 7PM til 11PM

(Extra days and more hours will be decided by the clan)

If you are interested in joining the clan either send me a private MSG on my Si profile or preferably go to our website http://www.fm-glory.com/ and register to join.

The Rules of our clan are as follows:

1. If you cant make a session then you must inform Kevin

2. You must have MSN Messenger

3. No using FM Scout or cheating programs

4. When bidding on Human teams players the transfer must be agreed first via MSN

5. Use Msn to chat during times, banter is fine, but NO foul insults, so keep it a friendly game

6. If you get sacked or resign for some reason you must continue as unemployed and apply for the jobs that are available. If you can’t get a job after 2 months of applying then you can retire and get a random club in the next division down.

7. Matches must be played Highlights Mode "Key" or "Only Commentary". Match Speed must be at full. Replays must be turned off, you will be allowed to play 3D matches as long as they don’t slow the game down for other members.

8. "Show Player Pictures", "Show Background Pictures" and "Show Badges" must all be unticked

9. Assistant Manager must take control of friendlies in pre season and timer will be set to 2 Min's for transfers. During season timer will be set to 30 seconds unless end of August and January where timer will be set longer (maximum 2 Min's) if requested by a clan member.

10. Email Me if you wish to join the clan of which you will be put on a waiting list and if or when someone decides to leave the first person on the waiting list will take there place. PLEASE DON’T POST ON THE THREAD IF YOU’RE NOT A MEMBER THANKS

11. All clan decision will be put to a vote to keep things fair, However if i feel the clan needs a decision made i WILL DO SO for the BENEFIT of the clan!

So.... TO THE GAME!

We all decided that we would fight it out for the most prestigious prizes in the football world, So obviously we chose to be in the Barclay's Premier League. The only fair way to decide the teams was to draw them out of a hat, but we are all in different locations you say!? well the wonders of a web cam, a couple of beakers, some paper and a permanent marker and we were set. The teams, we all thought best that as we were starting fresh we would go the top 6-7 teams in the prem to keep the game interesting and fight it out for all the great trophies the English game bestows!

So to the draw. Live on web cam from wembley stadium (my bedroom) we are ready. with Alan Shearer on my left and Fabio Capello to the right we were ready to commence, you could cut the tension with a knife as the first team was drawn, Alan Shearer pulled out the first ball and revealed our first manager.... KRISTIAN! So over to David Beckham we went who gave the balls a good going over and drew out Kristian's team.... Arsenal, So Kristian would be taking charge of the gooners. Next out the hat was Tom who had the luck to draw the current English champions Manchester United, An early fave had arrived! Back to Shearer we went who drew the next ball... George Mason was next, who would he get? Only golden balls had the power to decide, digging deep into the sack he pulls out.... CHELSEA! With Lee being drawn next the tension/excitement was building, the sound of the balls clattering and out comes.... VILLA... a few giggles and a sigh later we were onto our next draw. With only Kevin and Rob left in the draw who would get that envious job off spending Man Citeh's money! Out next, Kevin... it was my time, I was praying golden balls could give me the dream job of taking Citeh to the dizzy heights of glory, but my dreams were shattered as the pride of merseyside came out, Liverpool it was! So that left Rob with the money to spend and the envy of the rest of the clan! So that concluded our draw.

Kevin - Liverpool

Dave - Chelsea

Rob - Man City

Lee - Aston Villa

Tom - Man Utd

Kristian - Arsenal

We were all looking forward to a fantastic Season!

liverpool football club *****

lbadge.jpg

liverpoolbw.jpg

Liverpool Echo: Mighty Reds appoint unknown Moore!

The Kop faithful were last night astounded by the new Liverpool owners appointment following Rafael Benitez's surprise resignation. The Liverpool board moved quickly to snap up unknown manager Kevin Moore from his local northern league 1 team Newcastle Blue Star. Large amounts of Liverpool fans rushed to Anfield to show there disapproval with chants off "you don't know what your doing" and "Yank liar$ out!". But the biggest shock of all came when Kevin Moore came out to speak to the Kop faithful and give a a speech Brian Clough and Shankly would have been proud of. Many a quote was said but the biggest quote of them all was "I will deliver the premiership title within three seasons", A big bold statement coming from a manager who has no background history let alone in the football league never mind the biggest and best league in the world! Moore also went onto say "I will be shacking things up at this club, out with the dead wood and in with some real top quality players", He didn't seem to be winning over the fans however as they continued to chant anti-American and even Moore abuse. By this point Moore was clearly angry and left with one last parting shot, "I will bring you what u want!" as he disappeared back into the doors of Anfield. Never had a unknown manager done such a bold thing before and it will be interesting to see how Moore copes with the pressure of being at such an illustrious club.

liverpoolm.jpg

With the pressure building on me from Liverpool supporters and my comments made to the media i thought i best get my butt into gear and bring in some top players! So here are my transfers In and Outs. I started with the MASSIVE amount of 2m to spend so i had to try and get some funds with sales of players i thought were expendable!

liverpoolout.jpg

Glen Johnson being the pick of the sales to rivals Chelsea probably shocked English football that summer however i needed some much needed funds to try and strengthen the squad overall. Now for the players i brought in!

liverpoolin.jpg

So all in all a good and productive summer dealings, spending 35m and bringing in 51 making a good 16m profit to somewhat clear the debts mounted by the Americans!

after getting the luck of the draw and the money with man city i set to work on finding the targets i wanted

i have no screenshots at this time so my signings are by memory only lol

ins

jovetic (fiorentina)

gorcouff (bordeaux)

chamackh (bordeaux)

mexes (roma)

azpicuelta (athletic)

diarra (madrid) loan

sirl (zenit) loan

out

garrido used as part exchange

petrov

benjani

i have to be honest i think i went a little mad in buying some top quality signings but should have really bought a quality left back but settled to use bridge as first choice and bought in sirl as back up on loan

chamackh was my second choice striker option cause i had an offer accepted for dzeko but he chose to join trafford instead

start of season had an away game against wigan and found kirkland in fantastic form just couldnt get past him finished 0-0

2nd game in i faced burnley who had just beat man utd in the previous game given didnt have a save to make all match and i finished easy 3-0 winners with 2 goals from tevez and a goal from adebayor

but gorcouff was man of the match he ran the show and seems to be so far my best signing of the season

hoping for a good session tonight

308fshy.jpg

After last Tuesdays exhilirating draw done in Kev's bedroom which i had the pleasure of witnessing through webcam, unfortunately i had to stare at a Rangers stop for several minutes the only downfall!

I was extremely pleased with the draw after being told by Big Al i was taking over from Carlo at the bridge after again failing to bring any silverware to the Chelsea faithful.

After looking at the squad and deciding what formation i was going to use i began my player search and got my scouts of their sofas and into action. I decided to go for youth as i believe Chelsea has an ageing team especially in the center of midfield.

Here are my transfers:

ajles6.jpg

Another player not included in the transfer history is the main German protegy himself Toni Kroos. As you can see the only experience player i bought was bringing Glen Johnson back to the Bridge. I think Glen is one of the best RB's in the game just behind Maicon of inter who was unfortunately out of my price range.

The future looks bright at the Bridge and with a start of:

P: 4 W:3 D:1 L:0 And conceding no goals.

Until next time

George Out

Lee - Aston Villa

2cftw5u.jpg - Added note I beat Sunderland 5 - 0

Transfers in was -:

Bosingwa

Carrick

Gignac

Kilgalion

Out was -:

Reo cooker

Delfounso

Gardner

Currently sitting in 6th, with 1 point off 4th and a game in hand

It's well worth noting I currently have highest goal scoring so far.

KRISTIAN HOLM - ARSENAL

To everyones surprise, an unknown norwegian was hired as the Gunners new manager this summer. It was said that Mr. Wenger quit his job as manager of Arsenal as result of personal problems,

however according to the Sun he is now working together with Jean Marc Guillou at his football academy located in the Ivory Coast.

The young norwegian did not make too many changes at the Emirates, but the staff got a good overhaul.

With his satchel filled with around 23 million £, he made his first moves on the transfermarket.

- Lautaro Acosta from Sevilla. Speedy little winger, quite similar to Walcott. Could prove useful as Walcott is made out of Ritz crackers. Only cost 1m £, so all in all a good deal!

- Federico Fazio from Sevilla. A real tank for the central Defence. As Gallas is getting on abit, and Senderos is both slow and balled, Fazio was brought in to compete with Vermaelen.

- Diego Buaonotte from River. Another little winger, could easily be compared to Arshavin. Lots of skill and lots of flair, could prove useful as a super sub.

- Kike from Murcia. Young striker with good finishing ability. Nice backup.

- Leigh Griffits from Dundee. Young scottish striker, going to make a nice striker partnership with Kike in the reserves.

- Federico Villar from Atlante. Keeper, backup for Almunia.

Mr.Holm have plans to sell some deadwood in Januray to raise money for a good DMC.

The season started terribly. Kristian Holm had to return to Norway due to personal issues. As a result of this, good ol' Pat Rice were to lead the gunners through the first stage of the qualification to the Champions League. The Gunners lost 0-2 at home to a strong Atlethico Madrid, and despite having Mr.Holm back for the game in Madrid, the Gunners did not manage to score and went home to London with a flawless 1-0 result. Euro League here we come!

In the premership things started better! Pat Rice led the Gunners to a nice 0-3 victory away against newly promoted Burnley. The next game resulted in a 2-2 draw at Emirates against Blackburn.

Im from Norway, so pardon my language. Will post another update after tonights session.

2i9igoy.jpg

So after a dramatic start to the season, where I had this amazing dream Villa was 2nd (basicly the game crashed *glares at Kev*)

Aston Villa really has found some form as of late, I'm going to presume my board is happy with the job I am doing as they upped my transfer budget too! WOO

With that much needed budget, this is what i've decided to do

9v85r4.jpg

Now, Roque Santa Cruz is a risky buy considering his knack of getting injured but his goal scoring ability is to much for me to say no. Moutinho linking up with carrick also gave me some *erotic* dreams. Finally gaining Cahill at the back, well no need to say more.

This, is how I currently line up my team

2irp7us.jpg

So as you can see, dominating the central of the field is pretty important for me to progress.

I've qualified into round 2 of the uefa cup were I will meet Lyon; needless to say my panties are in a twist. Though my form has been pretty impeccable.

2rhye5u.jpg

And because no one has posted the league table yet -;

(post below)

25jeelx.jpg

The well oiled chelski machine is marching on through all competitions. Sitting 2nd in the league, 1 point behind and a game in hand, the title looks very ominous for the blues!

After sending 2 of my signings out for the season on loan to get some experience, my only signing in the starting 11 is big Glen Johnson, who is showing why i bought the English RB back to the bridge.

Through the guidance of George Mason Chelsea have progressed nicely through to the next round of the Champions League after been given the hardest group. This did not shake or intimidate the Blue Army and with a comfortable progression we were delivered with an easier but cold draw in Russia against CSKA. This will also give the opportunity for the teenage sensation Alan Dzagoev the opportunity to see his old team mates.

The season so far has turned out as expected, with some silly mistakes along the way. The future is looking bright with the influx of young stars such as Alan Dzagoev, Toni Kroos and Delfouneso, with the guidance of club captain JT, the wife swapping shall commence sooner rather than later.

Chelsea Boss

George Mason

2v1t9xc.jpg

liverpoolp.jpg

Story of my season:

Pre-Season;

My Pre-season was for one thing and one thing only, Fitness! So with this in mind i set up some tricky away days that would see my players needing to work to win games, oh thats what i thought anyway!

Southend United Vs Liverpool - What looked to be a tricky first game of the season turned out to be a good exercise more so for Kuyt than anyone else, the dutch striker scoring a superb hatrick in a very comfortable 3-1 victory for the mighty reds!

Partick Thistle Vs Liverpool - This game was more a day i wanted to see how good my Ass Man was sending him up to Scotland in full charge of the team whilst i looked to bring in some much needed strength and quality to push for the title, he didn't let me down coming away with a convincing 7-0 victory. Fernando Torres showing some good form scoring a fantastic 5 goals!

Cardiff City Vs Liverpool - This would be the hardest game yet of pre-season with both fitness and ability needed for this game, I thought that Cardiff would prove to be a tough task but once again proving oh so wrong. Playing a strong team i romped to a 4-0 victory with Gerrard bagging a brace and on form Torres scoring and Mascherano wrapping up a convincing win!

Charlton Vs Liverpool - League 1 opposition up next at the Valley proved my toughest task over 90 minutes with my team struggling to a 2-1 victory over the Londoners, Once again Fernando Torres was the man for Liverpool with another brace.

Southampton Vs Liverpool - Again League 1 opposition this time traveling down to the South coast to pit our wits against the once premier league side Southampton, and you could tell this was going to be no stroll in the park when the south coast men took an early 12th minute lead. we struggled back to win 2-1 but a very drab and unconvincing victory!

Carlisle Vs Liverpool - last up was a trip to Carlisle United where i demanded a more productive attacking game after two lack luster trips previously, i wasn't to be disappointed with a emphatic 6-2 victory. Steven Garrard bagged a hatrick whilst Babel (2) and new boy Kallstrom completed the scoring!

All in all a decent pre-season scoring 24 goals and conceding only 5! Torres and Gerrard being the pick of the players form wise!

Alright kev and kim remember me :p from last years game good 2 see yir still doing a league kev just wished i had time for it as am still out on the boat most of the time.Hope it goes well :)

Hi there Davie :)

Long time no see mate. You should get your butt online, so we can have a little banter one night mate!

ANOTHER GEORDIE ON THE MERSEY

The surprise departure of David Moyes led to a even more surprising arrival of a unknown rookie Ian Wheatley. The Everton fans and players were clearly dismayed by the appointment and were unsure of what the future at Goodison Park would be....

CARLING CUP 1/4 FINAL: CHELSEA 2- 3 EVERTON

The first game in charge proved to be an eventful affair with goals galore, Everton were at one stage 2 goals up courtesy of Steven Pienaar and Leighton Baines, however the might of chelsea pulled themselves level with goals by maicon and delfouneso. The glory belonged to Everton when on 90+2 minutes Joseph Yobo dumped Chelsea out the cup

FULHAM 1-0 EVERTON

The first league game saw Everton come back down to earth with a bump,Everton lacked creativity and a potent threat up front Jo being wasteful. Andy Johnson grabbed a deserved winner for Fulham.

LIVERPOOL 2-1 EVERTON

The first Merseyside Derby for the new Everton boss ended in defeat against the bitter rivals. Fernando Gago opened the scoring for the reds, Tim Cahill equalised on the half hour mark. Fernando Torres was the man to end any hopes of a Everton victory

EVERTON 0-0 STOKE

A stalemate at Goodison with both defences on top, Everton will be pleased with thier first league point and a clean sheet.

FA CUP 3RD ROUND:EVERTON 1-0 BRISTOL ROVERS

Jo finally hit the back of the net after a hundred chances later and five game since the new boss took over.

CARLING CUP SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG EVERTON 4-2 PORTSMOUTH

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. Everton were 2 up and cruising Jo and Yakubu putting the blues into a commanding lead. Pompey then decided to play up in the seond half and got back into it through Vanden Borre and Tommy smith. Everton grabbed the ascendency once more through Pienaar and Leon Osman 4 minutes from time

EVERTON 2-0 WOLVES

The first Everton victory in the league with the new man at the helm. Tim Cahill and Louis Saha helping Everton to a comfortable victory

CARLING CUP SEMI FINAL 2ND LEG PORTSMOUTH 3-2 EVERTON

More Drama!which went right to the wire! Everton so nearly through it away and had to endure a nervy final few minutes but hung on to go through to a final against spurs 6-5 on aggregate.

FA CUP 4TH ROUND SCUNTHORPE 1 EVERTON 2

No Giant Killing here,safe passage into round 5 goals came from Tom and Cahill.

SPURS 5-1 EVERTON

NO COMMENT.

BOLTON 0-1 EVERTON

Bilyaletdinov put Everton back on winning ways and banished memories of the game before

BLACKBURN 1-1 EVERTON

Everton's Louis Saha grabbed a last gasp equaliser for Everton after being outplayed for most of the game

EVERTON 0-0 MANCHESTER UNITED

Everton domintated most of the game but failed to find a way past Van der Saar.

TRANSFERS

Steven Taylor was brought in from the magpies for a sum of £10.5million

Robbie Keane Joined on loan from Spurs

Yannes Tafer joined on loan from Lyon

Jack Rodwell was released to Barcelona for £7million.

managers notes...

A mixed start to my reign at Everton having a measly bank balance which was heading to the red and very limited in the transfer market it meant having to take

bids that came in for players to fund a much needed centre back to sort the defence out.

Very pleased to have reached the League Cup final and look forward to hopefully winning it and taking my place in Europe next season.

Monthly Report - January

Transfers

In

Chris Cohen -£3.5 Million from Nottingham Forest

Out

Robbie Keane - Season Loan to Everton

Anton Blackwood - Season Loan to Welling

Results

(A) Walsall (FA Cup 3rd Round) 3-1 Win - Great start to the new decade as we brush aside League One opposition.

(A) Watford (League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg) 2-0 Win - Another cup game and another victory puts us in pole position for a final at wembley.

(H) Birmingham City 1-2 Loss - Disappointing result to the leagues bottom club, we should have taken three points easily here.

(A) Chelsea 0-2 Loss - Another defeat but we we're completely outplayed, deserved to lose.

(H) Watford (League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg) 2-0 Win - We're going to Wembley! A comfortable victory gives us a place against Everton.

(H) Bradford City (FA Cup 4th Round) 3-0 Win - Into the fith round to play Everton in another comp.

(H) Everton 5-1 Win - Ian's Everton side brushed aside, sending warning signs before the big final

(H) Hull City 0-0 - Poor result but 22 shots without scoring was disappointing, Myhill was on fire that day.

cityofmanchesterstadiumg.jpg

with ten games to go my team are in a great position top of the league 11 points clear just hope i can keep up the form which has seen me go unbeaten in league since october

just a little note on my january transfer dealings

in

van der vaart (real madrid) 8m

miguel veloso (sporting) 17m

smorlarek loan

out

wright phillips 10.75m to atletico madrid

santa cruz 10m to aston villa

and i have agreed a deal with sevilla to sell de jong for 25m in summer

needed to bolster my midfield in january and the 2 signings have been fantastic

only bad note was going out of fa cup to west brom it was my fault completely resting some first team players when i really didnt need to

hope my next report will be saying i am premier league champions but i have a very tricky run in with games against man utd tottenham everton and chelsea to play

CARLING CUP FINAL: EVERTON 3-0 TOTTENHAM

Even in triumph he was modest and dignified. Having climbed the 107 steps, Ian Wheatley seemed almost reluctant to lift the trophy, but ushered on by Steve Round he took the adulation of the Everton support. Once he got going though, amid the champagne spray, the emotions poured out and he celebrated with childish enthusiasm. “He's a great manager and a great man,he has gave me the chance when nobody in france would" said Yannis Tafer, who scored a magical hat-trick.

There was no doubt that this was a big game for Everton. This was supposed to have been a dull game but Everton soon saw to it that this would be an open, free flowing one sided final. The match was ultimatly decided by a unknown nineteen year old on loan from Lyon who after this match winning performance earnt himself a full time move to goodison and a place in Everton folklore at such a tender age, the name everybody was talking about was Tafer....Yannis Tafer..licence to score goals.

The young frenchman set the game alight early on turning in a cross from the ever impressive Tim Cahill, and scored a second shortly after a magicall peice of skill outside the area saw him flick it around Ledley king and lift over the on rushing keepr with such grace and elegance Edouard Manet would have been proud of.

Phil Neville and the defensive company then had to with stand a barrage of tottenham pressure but as with most games this season Everton stood firm their would be no denying them thier Wembley moment.

The hat trick was completed in magnifique style a rifled shot from the outside of the area kept low and straight and left the Spurs keeper looking like he was in a episode of Lost...helpless and confused.

Everton can now look to a bright future under the guidance of Ian Wheatley another trip to Wembley in the FA Cup final against Newcastle United awaits with the chance for Everton to rewrite the humbling experiance they felt against Chelsea in 2009. They also have a Euro Cup semi final against Lille. The Future looks bright...The futures royal blue.

• 3 weeks later...

Tottenham Hotspur - The Impossible turn around?

When my 2nd season began at Tottenham, I think everyone, including me, was thinking we was in a relegation dog fight. With over £20 MILLION worth of debt and only 450k to spend on transfers it was looking bleak.

But then the sales of Palacios and Modric (£45.5 Million combined) got the team out of the red and into the black meaning transfers galore.

OUT

Anton Blackwood to Maidenhead - Loan

Dorian Dervite to Benfica - Free

Jermain Defoe to Manchester City - Player Exchange

Anthony Lurling to Bayer Leverkusen - £675,000

Luka Modric to Real Madrid - £20,000,000

17 players released

Peter Crouch to Everton - Loan

Robbie Keane to Arsenal - Loan (Fee £1,000,000)

Jamie O'Hara to Stoke City - £2,000,000

Giovani Dos Santos to Frankfurt - £3,500,000

Jermaine Jenas to Wigan Athletic - £3,900,000

Wilson Palacios to Atletico Madrid - £25,500,000

Total - £57,000,000

IN

David Beckham from Los Angeles Galaxy - Free

Craig Bellamy from Manchester City - Player Exchange

Patrick Viera from Inter Milan - Free

Siem De Jong from Ajax - £4,500,000

Gabri from Ajax - £675,000

Julliano Belletti - Free Agent

Dodo from Cortinthians - £10,000,000

Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese - £20,500,000

Ismail Aissati from Ajax - £12,000,000

Urby Emanuelson from Ajax - £10,000,000

Total £57,000,000

Future Transfers:

OUT

Chris Cohen to Sunderland - £1,800,000

Aaron Lennon - £4,000,000 (6 contracts pending)

IN

Artem Milevskyi from Dinamo Keiv - £9,500,000

Demy De Zeeuw from Ajax - £11,500,000

Current Competitions

League - 4th Position with 26 points. 9 behind the leaders

League Cup - Quarter Final v Stoke City to be played

FA Cup - N/A

Europe - HAHAHAHA your funny

All in all it has been a good season so far, lets hope Spurs can keep surprising!

24yztee.jpg

After quickly forgetting last seasons demise, the blue army marched on into the 2nd season with a pesermistic attitue due to the fact the transfer window was again closed for the blues.

The only plaeyr to come in during the summer was Toni Kroos as he was signed at the start and had moved after his current loan deal.

We are coming to the end of November and we are sitting nicely on top with a 5 point lead. Droggers has remained fit this season and has really shown how much we missed him last year, carrying the team in many games and currently leading the goal scoring chart.

The Blue faithful will be looking forward to the January window when we can buy again and oh how we will buy, with 76mill transfer budget the options are endless, and I will be looking to getting some more fire power to help Droggers.

Next game is against Rob's Citeh who have th best fire power in the league with the likes of Aguero, Adebayor, Tevez & Chamakh to choose from. yet again this game could be the deciding factor in the league as it was last season, with Rob going on to win 20 games straight!

Till next time

George out

• 4 months later...

So the time has come, We have decided to start a new game after being a good seasons in! and with a strong core to the clan now. We have decided to go for mid/lower prem teams and have a bit of a challenge this tme.

Updates to follow!

Archived