How to defend corners

There can be a few reasons for this.

The first is very simple - you are a physically weaker side, and set pieces simply aren't your sides forte. Perhaps bring in a dominant centre-half or defensive midfielder (or even a tall striker!) who you can pull back to help defend set plays.

Secondly, I've noticed that when you play an attacking formation, sometimes the game pre-sets too many players to "Stay Forward", resulting in upwards of four players in the oppositions half. Whilst good for a counter, it may be worth observing how many players remain up top and pulling several back.

I have huge problems defending my own box while the opponent have corners. Almost every corner ends with a goal. Can anyone help me with the settings for defending corners? I'm really struggling.

Here is the most successfull setup .

Step 1-Leave 3 forwards upfront, that will take out 4 opposition players to mark them plus their corner taker makes it 5 players out, versus your 7.

Step 2- Now, your best jumper/header, mark tall player, the next best 4 jumper/header's man-mark the remaining 4 opposition players.

Step 3-Your remaining 2 players; 1 coming back and the other closing down.

My set up for defending corners is this:

2 players marking the posts

2 players marking "tall"

3 players marking "man"

1 player "back"

1 player "closing down" (this helps a lot when the ball goes back to the corner taker)

1 player forward

This seems to work well for me.

Archived