Transfer budgets query - editor

devilman

Hi guys,

Haven't found much info on this on the site or the web. Could be I am not looking right.

Most of the time when I am playing the game I just pick a team and run with them, whatever the limitations they may have. However, from time to time I live to go with a super team and give them nice stadium, lots of money but no players/staff etc.

I have noticed in the editor you can up the budgets not problem, this will reflect in the game when it is started. However, I have noticed the transfer budget seems to stick to a max of £150m. This then ends up fixed going forward so you will be offer this from then on.

Does anyone know if the transfer budget, even the overall balance has a max setting? As mentioned above, I sent the remaining budget on the editor to £225 million but when the game has started the budget is still £150 million. Even if you still the clubs balance to £500m.

Not a major problem as mentioned, just something I do now and then. Also, I did notice that on the editor for Fm2009 you could change the % allocated to transfer budget but that seems to have gone now. Perhaps there are other attributes that affect the available transfer budget. Noticed the wage budget is generally limited too - perhaps this has a max limit.

Cheers

Im not so sure of 2010 as i have not tried this yet myself. Been busy making super leagues for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland that pumps money in over a coarse of a few years so they in time will be as good as the English game.

However to answer your question, certainly with old FM's if you wanted it to be more you had to make an EDT file. Which i became rather good at over the years. However in 2010 and the new editor the database appears to be differnt. What i would try and do here is make your team up to the MAX 150M budget and suger daddy them. This will mean the chirman will pump money into the club like no ones business.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man, thanks for coming back. I've tried the other options and find that the transfer budget is still limited to £150m per season. Unless of course that number is not available.

Just wondering if anyone else knew if there was an upper threshold within the game that will not allow the transfer budget to go over this??? Doesn't seem to matter if you allocate a higher budget in the editor it still sits at £150m.

As I said, I am more curious about this than anything else - very rarely do I use edited teams or leagues. Just like to play around and create super teams now and then but does seem to be limited in transfer. I have also noticed if you set the wage budget to a figure in the editor this is rarely, if at all, effected in the actual game - transfer budget and wage limit seems set by the game regardless of what is inputted in editor.

Archived