Touchline shouts conflict with player instructions?

I'm sure I saw someone say that, if you have any specific player instructions beyond the 'set' that comes with Team Instructions and individual position designation (Anchor Man, Deep-lying Playmaker etc.), then the touchline 'shouts' will not have any effect on those players. However, despite hunting around I can't find the relevant thread. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I know that my instructions to 'retain possession' were unsuccessful, but that could just be because my team are a bit crap.

Also, if this is the case, are there any plans to address this in a future patch? My assumption would be that a 'shout' would, hopefully, apply a tactical tweak to the whole team.

If you customise tempo, then the retain possession shout will not be effective since it is unable to change the tempo.

The effectiveness of the shouts will depend how much you've customised. I tell my players to work ball into box (less long shots) but I keep the standing customised order for Lampard to continue taking them.

Archived