: FM2010 Demo d3dx9_41.dll not found!!

trying to install the game but this problem keeps coming up? this is really doing my head in as if im being honest it took me nearly 2 months to get fm 2009 working, and if im goin have all these problems downloading again then i dont even think im going to bother with 2010 as in the end fm 09 was not worth the hassle of trying to install the game!! i have read other posts on this problem and tried to download numerous files and put stuff in the system folder etc but every single file thats been suggested to download doesnt work for me?? why cant we just click the link, download the thing and play?? how annoying

Did you allow FM to update DirectX on install ? If not then you ****ed up. You need to allow it to update on first run just in case yoru version isnt the most up to date...

ok clever b****cks i have done this im not that stupid, it doesnt work, iv re-installed, tried numerouse other things that have been suggested but none work

doesnt work? setup could not download the file, something bout my connection!! there is nothing up with my connection though, it really is a joke!

What's the exact message you are getting when attempting to download this file?

If you're having problems with downloading and installing this, it suggests there's something wrong with your system somewhere.

This file updates DirectX, which is part of your system and what the game makes use of, so if you can get this part working and updated the game should run fine.

What's the exact message you are getting when attempting to download this file?

If you're having problems with downloading and installing this, it suggests there's something wrong with your system somewhere.

This file updates DirectX, which is part of your system and what the game makes use of, so if you can get this part working and updated the game should run fine.

setup could not download the file, please try again later or check your network connection?

ok clever b****cks i have done this im not that stupid, it doesnt work, iv re-installed, tried numerouse other things that have been suggested but none work

Ok go look on Google for something to delete DirectX and then reinstall from scratch.

What OS are you running ? Try force DX10 on top of it if you are on Vista , failing that go here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41 and get the file and install it.

Yes I am clever bollocks , thanks

Ok go look on Google for something to delete DirectX and then reinstall from scratch.

What OS are you running ? Try force DX10 on top of it if you are on Vista , failing that go here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41 and get the file and install it.

Yes I am clever bollocks , thanks

lol now its saying something about there is a problem with my hosts file? im not bill gates or a microsoft wizzard so that might aswell be in german!!

anyone help?

Same problem here. Downloaded the demo to transfer to my gaming PC which isn't connected to the internet to be greeted by this message, can anyone from SI help, as the link given by Donald-Duck is a direct web update and obviously cannot do that if the PC in question has no internet connection.

I had this problem once a while ago with another game, do you have Direct X 10? I do and my problem was the game in question (Civilization 4 as I recall) needed direct x 9.

This file solved my problem

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=24a541d6-0486-4453-8641-1eee9e21b282&displaylang=en

It has the complete Direct X 9 files included

Same problem here. Downloaded the demo to transfer to my gaming PC which isn't connected to the internet to be greeted by this message, can anyone from SI help, as the link given by Donald-Duck is a direct web update and obviously cannot do that if the PC in question has no internet connection.

Theres a stand alone installer somewhere on their website if you search around it.

• 2 years later...

Archived