Bug on 9.0.3 Coaches stats different in game than in Database

I have already posted this seperatly in the Bug forum, but wanted to see if anyone in the TT forum, maybe can sheed some light on this

I think I may have found another bug - and possibly a more serious one - wanted to get you guys view

I was checking coaches stats (using genie scout) and at the same time I was checking same coaches in FM09 own database editor

And I found that all the coaches stats as they appear in Genie Scout (and in the game as well) are lower than those listed in the game DB

So for example many coaches with for example 19 in Fitness training (in the game) - when you look up these coaches in the database their value is 20. - this is the same for all coaches and all their coaching stats (only 2 exceptions seems to be coaching goalkeeping and Working with Youngsters) - this also applies to their Mental stats such as determination.

I am not sure why this happens, one possible scenario is that the game somehow alters the stats displayed or that the game lowers the stats - once you start playing ie in a saved file.

However the implications of this can be quite severe - as for example this could affect not only a coach performance - but could also prevent him from improving ie if a coach you think has 19 in stat - actually in DB has it listed as 20, he will never be able to increase this stat and as such would never be able to progress to a 7* coach.

coachbug903.jpg

The coaches' CA is not high enough for the attributes he's been given. As such, the attributes ingame are decreased to match his CA. Its the same as with players. Reverse applies as well. If the attributes are too low, they'll be increased.

When you start a new game some stats change. For instance i have seen Balotelli's PA change in 2 different games i started on the 9.03 patch. This happens to coaches aswell.

Thanks 3at

My next question would then be - do they always change the same direction ie all the ones I have looked at have only been lowered ?

And also what is it that decides who's stats are changed and which stats and by how much ?

The coaches' CA is not high enough for the attributes he's been given. As such, the attributes ingame are decreased to match his CA. Its the same as with players. Reverse applies as well. If the attributes are too low, they'll be increased.

Thanks Benoit2

If the CA is the only explanation, then there are a few other things which doesn't add up

1. For anyone I checked they always go down, never up

2. Even when checking a coach with 190 CA, his stats are also lowered (and in that scenario quite extremely by 2 in each stat)

3. In my screenshoot, you will see from the DB that his DB coaching Technical is set at 0, but in game it is set as 14. My thinking on this is that the game distributes a persons remaining CA on random on all stats which are set at 0 (as ofcourse no one can have 0 in anything) - this possibly following some preferences based on nationality as I have seen when looking at countries - a list of stats for the country (Example a coach from Spain is likely to have higher rakings in attack coaching than one from Canada) - but again if this is the case then why would the game then also take away CA from some stats (which are preset I assume for the game researchers to make sure certain coaches starts with certain abilities as a minimum) to increase balnk ones ?

4. Is is possible this is somehow linked to facilities in the club ie that the coach has stat 20 reset to 19 untill club updates training facilities ?

Add to that this is the case for more than 100 coaches which I have no checked - I have yet to find one where they haven't been lowered

Archived