Question about Man Utd: Reserves Vs. Under 18

Yes, although it is only a friendly and you risk injuring your own players in doing so!

Well my first team won't be playing in it, just the fringe players now and again but mainly the youngsters.

Well my first team won't be playing in it, just the fringe players now and again but mainly the youngsters.

Yes, but if you injure your youngsters, they don't develop - and by deploying two teams, you risk getting twice as many injuries. With the injury situation in 9.3.0 "fixed", it might not be a risk you want to take.

wow this is a great idea, never thought of this. Im gunna try this at some point, thanks :)

Might have to do it next season though because i have been entered into both the reserves and U18s leagues, it might be best if i dont enter the league.

just had a thought, would that mean that the reserves and U18s screen will disappear? And all players be in the first teasm if i dont accept?

wow this is a great idea, never thought of this. Im gunna try this at some point, thanks :)

Might have to do it next season though because i have been entered into both the reserves and U18s leagues, it might be best if i dont enter the league.

just had a thought, would that mean that the reserves and U18s screen will disappear? And all players be in the first teasm if i dont accept?

I don't quite understand...

The AI treats them both as if they were unrelated, so nothing disappears and stuff.

oh sorry, what i meant was if you dont accept the reserve/U18s league invite then do you have a reserve/U18s team? Still have the option down the side bar?

Some lower league teams dont have a reserve or U18s squad, so by declining the invite would i lose the reserves team and would the players be placed in the first team due to the option for the reserve team league being declined?

Ive never declined the invite before so unsure of what would happen.

oh sorry, what i meant was if you dont accept the reserve/U18s league invite then do you have a reserve/U18s team? Still have the option down the side bar?

Some lower league teams dont have a reserve or U18s squad, so by declining the invite would i lose the reserves team and would the players be placed in the first team due to the option for the reserve team league being declined?

Ive never declined the invite before so unsure of what would happen.

I believe you still have a Reserves/Under-18s squad but they simply aren't in a league. You can still arrange friendlies, though.

Yes, but if you injure your youngsters, they don't develop - and by deploying two teams, you risk getting twice as many injuries. With the injury situation in 9.3.0 "fixed", it might not be a risk you want to take.

Yeah but if they dont play games how will they progress?

Yeah but if they dont play games how will they progress?

I thought both the OP's teams were in a league, which is usually enough football for youngsters (I only arrange additional friendlies if I have a large Under-18s squad or a lot of Reserves hanging around).

Archived