Profile picture?

cpz

I'm no graphical expert, not by a long shot. But what you need to do is;

1. Ensure you have the following folder;

Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > graphics > facepacks

2. Make a folder inside there called something like 'me'

3. Save the picture you want to use in that folder, make sure the name of the picture has no capital letters

4. Open Notepad

5. Copy the following into Notepad

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="X" to="graphics/pictures/person/Y/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

6. Replace X with the name of the picture

7. Replace Y with the Unique ID of your manager (ask if you don't know this)

8. Save the file as config.xml, and save it in the same place as the photo

9. Go into 'Display and Sound' in Preferences, and make sure 'Use Skin Cache' is unticked and 'Reload skin on confirm' is ticked

Right, I think that's all. It's been a while since I've done this, but say if you need any help. Also say if it works, I'd like to know. Cheers:)

Preferences > Display and Sound > Show Unique ID's (tick box)

I think. Going from memory, FM isn't open. :)

Ah! I remember now, thanks arsenal_2111 :thup: (haven't played the game in two months, looking to get back 'into it' :))

I did what you said to get the Unique ID's but could not find those ID's to get the number. Where do I find them?

Once you click on 'show Unique ID', the number should be beneath your Manager's name when you go to his profile.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried doing it, and it isn't working :( Everything is ticked/unticked as it should be, I copied and pasted the .xml file code, all the pictures are in the correct format and named properly etc. I think the problem is the location of the .xml file and the pictures. I don't have an actual graphics folder so I've put them in the data folder where the .fmf files for graphics, fonts etc are. I have a folder called 'facegen' but no facepack folder either. Does anyone have any ideas where I should be putting it all?

Thanks

No, thats not where they need to go.

They need to go in with the rest of your FM stuff, where you have save games etc. If there is no folder for 'graphics' then make one, and put them in there. Can you put a screenie up of where the rest of your Football Manager saves (etc) are?

Paulo III - you should place the 'facegen' folder here:

Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics
Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics
Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics

so using Windows XP as an example, the file directory for the image should be

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\facegen\<filename>.<fileextension>

and for the config:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\facegen\config.xml

I've changed the location now:

screen.jpg

I created the graphics folder and added the pictures and .xml file to it. Still doesn't seem to work. I downloaded a random facepack as well to check if it was a problem with my .xml file, but that didn't work either! It's really got me stumped!

Put the file, and config, in;

/Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics/facepacks/me

In me have the picture you want to use and the config file.

If you have it in there there is no reason it wouldn't work if you followed the exact instructions in the fourth post.

Post up the config file here and I'll have a look to make sure it is right.

Ok, I've put it in the folder you said, checked everything, reloaded the skin and stuff, and still nothing. Here is the code I've used:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="gardner" to="graphics/pictures/person/5005191/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Thanks

That would be very good of you. It may just be because I'm using a Mac, not a PC, as I have tried to add a downloaded facepack complete with config file, and again that wasn't happening either.

Do you want to PM me your email address so I can send you the files?

Archived