How to create Set pieces for Lower Leauge Teams

Hi guys, I was wondering if some of you FM Manager gurus could help me out. I am managing Farsley in 9.0.3, and i am struggling to understand set pieces. Secondly i am also struggling to keep possession.

( I apologise if this has already been asked and answered, but i really couldn't be bothered searching through the 500 pages that came up )

I have never really concentrated on set pieces, as they were really to difficult for me to translate and understand, but seeing my team go down 2-3 on corners at home against Hucknall, has prompted me to want to know everything there is to know. I understand when managing a lower league club, individual skill isn't all that great, however I want to learn how to capitalise on these chances.

Thanks heaps guys

I set the stronger header to challenge keeper and the 2nd stronger near post flick on with 3rd header/striker on far post.

But I hardly consider it exploit... Dunno about world class teams as I tend to manage LL but, 10- goals per season is what I usually get.

I suffer a lot more than I score from corners.

Sometimes they give me precious draws or minimal wins though but, I guess I deserve them since I've trained set pieces during the week huh? :D

If you want a realistic yet very effective corner routine try this:

Best header set to attack first post

Best off the ball player attack back post (often a shortish striker)

then set 3 players (heading, off the ball) to attack from deep

and then a good long shooter to lurk outside area

set corners to aim at penalty area

I am using the challenge keeper/6 yard box trick and I realised that your corner taker must be really good. I am playing with my Galatasaray side and I can only score when Lincoln takes the corners regardless of whoever challenges the keeper.

If you want a realistic yet very effective corner routine try this:

Best header set to attack first post

Best off the ball player attack back post (often a shortish striker)

then set 3 players (heading, off the ball) to attack from deep

and then a good long shooter to lurk outside area

set corners to aim at penalty area

thanks mate, will try this, i have restarted with farsley and will keep you posted :thup:

Archived