Help - Youths won't Improve Even though I've Followed the Guides on this forum

I signed a number of 15/16/17-year-olds who my world class scouts said have the potential to be "good/quality" players.

I didn't buy too many because I wanted to make sure that they would all get some experience in the youth team.

I set the training schedules so that, for example, a defender's defence, set pieces and tactics training are set to intensive, while there are a couple of mediums and there is no shooting or attacking training whatsoever for the defenders. I am not overworking them either, making sure that their overall workload is a few notches below 'heavy', and they are all 'happy with [their] training schedule'.

I have set my world class coaches' schedules so that their workload is always light, and most of the different training areas are 7-star, while one is 6-star and another (set-pieces or shooting) is 5-star.

Some of these players have very high determination and work rate attributes. So what is going wrong? Why are some of them not even improving a single one of their attributes?

Well the 15/16-year-olds don't get any, but the 17+ guys get more than 15 games a season.

Davide Santon seems to be the only player who rapidly improves, but he's a first team regular. I also have (something) Balotelli who doesn't seem to be improving even though he's a first team regular who's 20 years old and is scoring in nearly every game.

EDIT: Is there any way whatsoever of checking the professionalism of a regen? (You were right as far as Balotelli and Santon indicate; santon has much higher professionalism than balotelli.)

I signed a number of 15/16/17-year-olds who my world class scouts said have the potential to be "good/quality" players.

I didn't buy too many because I wanted to make sure that they would all get some experience in the youth team.

I set the training schedules so that, for example, a defender's defence, set pieces and tactics training are set to intensive, while there are a couple of mediums and there is no shooting or attacking training whatsoever for the defenders. I am not overworking them either, making sure that their overall workload is a few notches below 'heavy', and they are all 'happy with [their] training schedule'.

I have set my world class coaches' schedules so that their workload is always light, and most of the different training areas are 7-star, while one is 6-star and another (set-pieces or shooting) is 5-star.

Some of these players have very high determination and work rate attributes. So what is going wrong? Why are some of them not even improving a single one of their attributes?

One question why have you got your defenders on intensive set piece training

One question why have you got your defenders on intensive set piece training

I was under the impression that set piece training improves both attacking corners, free kicks etc. and defending them.

Even if it doesn't though, the defenders tend to be the best headers in the game, so they would be useful in set pieces, wouldn't they?

Archived