Team playing in Euro cup AND Champ league in same season

The 33rd post in this thread.

If you look at the top right of each post ( directly opposite the date and time ) there's a number which reflects which number that post is in the thread.

were the four semi finalists in the spanish cup the same teams that finished in the top four in the league?

a long shot, but perhaps the spanish cup gives a uefa cup place to the beaten finalist, and if it can't do that, to one of the semi-finalists. with all these teams in the champions' league, the game might have given the place to madrid (although i suspect that it would just give it to the highest-placed team in the league who hasn't already qualified)

were the four semi finalists in the spanish cup the same teams that finished in the top four in the league?

a long shot, but perhaps the spanish cup gives a uefa cup place to the beaten finalist, and if it can't do that, to one of the semi-finalists. with all these teams in the champions' league, the game might have given the place to madrid (although i suspect that it would just give it to the highest-placed team in the league who hasn't already qualified)

I already checked that.

Valencia and Villarreal finished 3rd and fouth that year but both lost in the Spanish cup Quater finals.

Archived