The answer sadly is maybe but probably not...

FM08 had a 'quirk' that could allow a strong tall player to 'challenge goalkeeper' and score 20+ in a season and make the difference between a good and a great season. Some people (including myself) have the view that this still works in 09 but not to the same extent.

If you do a search on 'corners' then you should find plenty of alternatives on this theme.

If you want to try the original 08 version then you can find it at;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908

I still use a variant of it and it gets about 8-10 a season for the challenging player (with another half a dozen sprayed around). Not too shabby but not enough now to make the game unbalanced.

For improving your performance in set pieces overall put your set piece training to High or more for all players, seems to work very well across the board, and it's not very intensive which means you can set it high without having a great impact on the workload.

The rules I go by for setting up my set pieces are:

- Target in-swingers to flick-ons and players standing in positions (such as stand on front post, challenge keeper, and stand on back post)

- For outswingers, put them into the penalty area or more specific depending on the quality of your corner taker and make sure you have tall strong headers of the ball to attack the ball from deep, near post, or far post. A ball swinging towards the player is better to connect with.

Therefore I concentrate my efforts on outswinging corners if I feel the opposition is weak in the air and I have an advantage to attack the ball successfully. In swingers are best in bad weather or agains weak defenses/goalkeepers because they're dangerous and can be very problematic to defend, so ideally you'll be capitalising on mistakes.

Corner instructions:

Left 6 Yard Box

Right 6 Yard Box

Player instructions:

GK default

DR stay back

DL stay back

DC challenge gk

DC attack near post

MR attack ball from deep

ML attack ball from deep

MC lurk outside area