Change the name of future regens

Kees04

Quick question,

Is it possible to change the name of future regens for a country, like Italy has italian names, Spain has spainish and so on.

I've created a Galaxy DB and am creating star based names so would like the regens to have the same based names if possible.

Thanks for your help

Quick question,

Is it possible to change the name of future regens for a country, like Italy has italian names, Spain has spainish and so on.

I've created a Galaxy DB and am creating star based names so would like the regens to have the same based names if possible.

Thanks for your help

Regen names are generated from existing names in the database. Adding a player with a new first or last name to the database by use of the editor gives a small chance of regens adopting the name. The more common a name is in the DB, the more likely it is to be used for regens.

Although you can't set up a regen to adopt a specific name, this way you can add new names and increase the chances of other ones being used.

Not sure if this helps, but here we go.

You could use the nickname option to name rename players. Obviously this would help in the team that you manage, but would not be a viable option for the whole database.

If you have not used the nickname function before, select a player and use the right mouse button and it is the bottom option.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LFCRAWKS!:

do anyone know the method i posted up there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do. lnc files.

1. Open Notepad

2. Cut and paste the following to get a regen called John Holmes from England whose favourite team is Manchester City:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "John" "" "Holmes" "25-12-1990" "English" "679"

This is: "command" "first name" "nickname" "surname" "birthdate" "nationality" "favourite team" the press return.

3. Continue for all the players you want, adding a new command line for each person

4. Save your file in the folder of the database you want to use. Click on File at the top left corner, then Save as. Where it says File types you need to get All files in the window. The type in your filename.edt. At the bottom underneath File types there is Something Code (not sure what it says cos I've got a Japanese OS). It needs to say Unicode here. Then browse to find your intended database and save your file in that folder.

Please anyone feel free to correct this if I have missed anything.

The names of those regens should be added to the list of names used for that nation.

Archived